EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   MPGuino Kit (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/mpguino-kit-19493.html)

KrZ 11-16-2011 02:44 PM

MPGuino Kit

Is a kit still available anywhere ?
spiffie isn't accepting orders anymore.

I'm broke and I'd rather assemble it myself.

thanks,

Alex

poorman 12-03-2011 01:21 PM

Bump

dcb 12-03-2011 04:08 PM

tell you what, I will see about making a video for putting the prebuilt one together and see what the price of a bag of parts with a programmed chip in it should be.

wanderling 12-08-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcb (Post 272949)
tell you what, I will see about making a video for putting the prebuilt one together and see what the price of a bag of parts with a programmed chip in it should be.

I would be interested in this, more for the experience of putting it together than being able to donate less.

That being said, I donated $55 recently and chose not to get a refund when I got the message about significant delays in your production.

Ecky 02-12-2012 04:08 AM

Bump. I'm interested in said video, any progress?

dcb 02-12-2012 07:00 AM

I have some bits on order to make the kit more feasible, will hopefully have something shortly.

Nandokommando 03-03-2012 11:01 PM

If you really want some good experience you could build the whole thing smaller with a standalone arduino. More parts for you to solder in, but in the end it's cheaper and smaller. The arduino board is not needed for the entire MPGuino; however it is needed to program the ATMega 328 chip. If you wanted I'm sure someone could program the chip for you and ship it to you. I put together a parts list for this as I'm going to be building one myself and I can build it all for about $20. That's less than just the arduino board alone.

Email me and I can put together a complete parts list and schematic for you.

poorman 03-05-2012 08:40 AM

Can you build me one?

dwills898 03-05-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandokommando (Post 290999)
If you really want some good experience you could build the whole thing smaller with a standalone arduino. More parts for you to solder in, but in the end it's cheaper and smaller. The arduino board is not needed for the entire MPGuino; however it is needed to program the ATMega 328 chip. If you wanted I'm sure someone could program the chip for you and ship it to you. I put together a parts list for this as I'm going to be building one myself and I can build it all for about $20. That's less than just the arduino board alone.

Email me and I can put together a complete parts list and schematic for you.

Hi, Could you send me this schematic and parts list? I cant email you because I dont have enough posts, could you email me?
Thanks

1carnut 03-05-2012 04:27 PM

I would be interested in buying or possibly building one as well. Happy to purchase one or build if the directions are complete and easy to follow.

Ecky 03-05-2012 08:21 PM

I have a thread on this page in which I built one (a few days ago), you might find it a little helpful.

Nandokommando 03-08-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorman (Post 291230)
Can you build me one?

sure. I'm in the middle of a move right now, but let me get back to you.

Nandokommando 03-08-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwills898 (Post 291334)
Hi, Could you send me this schematic and parts list? I cant email you because I dont have enough posts, could you email me?
Thanks

hmmmm, I cant send private messages yet.

let me get back to you after my move, im literally on the road as we speak. I can get you the schematic this weekend after I get settled in and my internet up.

poorman 03-08-2012 08:53 PM

Awsome

Nandokommando 03-11-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1carnut
I am interested in a gauge as well. Please let me know how much, what functions it shows and if it plugs directly into a 94 VX. Thanks!

I've seen it done on the VX. The functions are as follows:

1. "Custom":
| MG Instant MPG | S Instant Speed |
| GH Instant GPH | C Current MPG |

1. "Instant/Current":
| IM Instant MPG | S Instant Speed |
| CM Current MPG | D Current Miles |

2. "Instant/Tank":
| IM Instant MPG | S Instant Speed |
| TM Tank MPG | D Tank Miles |

3. "BIG Instant":
| Instant MPG |

4. "BIG Current":
| Current MPG |

5. "BIG Tank:":
| Tank MPG |

6. "Current":
| MH Current MPH | MG Current MPG |
| MI Current Miles | GA Current Gallons |

7. "Tank":
| MH Tank MPH | MG Tank MPG |
| MI Tank Miles | GA Tank Gallons |

8. "EOC mi/Idle gal":
| CE Current EOC Miles | G Current Idle Gallons |
| TE Tank EOC Miles | G Tank Idle Gallons |

9. "CPU Monitor":
| C% Max %CPU utilization | T Tank run time |
| Free Memory (bytes) |

I'll buy the parts, build it, and ship it for $35.00. The parts take some time to ship since I buy my parts from China. If you want it sooner I'll need an additional $10 to cover costs. Email me if you're interested at my personal email, and we'll get things going:

David.Fernandez@inbox.com

ATSUguy 03-16-2012 06:47 PM

Hi dcb, Do you sell MPGuino? I want one for my '94 geo. Do you know where I can get one? preassembled or kit, I don't care. Thanks

Ecky 03-16-2012 06:58 PM

I sent dcb a PM, I'm considering making a few MPGuinos but I don't know where to get the PCB the "preassembled" version uses, and it's more slightly expensive and bulkier to put it together with an arduino.

ATSUguy 03-16-2012 07:11 PM

I really don't care much about the cost or the size of the components. Do you know where I can get a kit?

Ecky 03-16-2012 07:37 PM

I put one together after spending about an hour reading the wiki. The required parts are: 1 screen, 1 arduino, 1 transistor, 2 diodes, 3 resistors, 3 buttons, some wire, solder, and a soldering iron. Parts are detailed here:

MPGuino - EcoModder

I found everything except the screen and arduino for under 10 cents, but the cost of tools and a spool of wire added to my build cost.

ATSUguy 03-16-2012 08:11 PM

Where did you get the parts?

Ecky 03-16-2012 08:24 PM

I ordered most of the big stuff from here: Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

For parts like the transistor (motorola 2N3906) I used google shopper until I found a site that them with cheap shipping. You can get everything on amazon, but paying $5 shipping for every 2 cent item isn't smart. Radioshack has a good chance of having the more common items for $1 as well.

Deepdivered 06-21-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandokommando (Post 292095)
hmmmm, I cant send private messages yet.

let me get back to you after my move, im literally on the road as we speak. I can get you the schematic this weekend after I get settled in and my internet up.

Can u get Me the parts list and schematic?

TCreatorO 07-05-2012 01:15 AM

Mpguino

Can anyone please mass make this I really want one but apparently they dont sell the kits nor the assembled part anymore ive been stalking that website and this one for months now. I really want something to measure my mpg realtime on my 1991 mr2,
also does this works on cars with a mechanical speedo or am I going to have to swap that too?:confused:

JellyBeanDriver 07-05-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCreatorO (Post 315346)
Can anyone please mass make this I really want one but apparently they dont sell the kits nor the assembled part anymore ive been stalking that website and this one for months now. I really want something to measure my mpg realtime on my 1991 mr2,
also does this works on cars with a mechanical speedo or am I going to have to swap that too?:confused:

http://www.dschmidt.com/MPGuinoJBD.html

Been available for a while now.

You'll need a speed sensor input to the MPGuino. Don't know if your car has such a signal.

meelis11 07-05-2012 05:11 AM

Another option: http://mpguino.wiseman.ee/eng

Meelis

Deepdivered 07-06-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBeanDriver (Post 315349)
link

You'll need a speed sensor input to the MPGuino. Don't know if your car has such a signal.

awesome may get this next week!!! i have a 92 metro that needs this lol

TCreatorO 07-11-2012 02:59 PM

Thank you so much!

AWESOME! thank you so much dude, next week Ill buy one with screen!
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBeanDriver (Post 315349)

Deepdivered 07-11-2012 10:21 PM

is one of these 2 better for a 92 geo metro? i notice they use 2 different versions of mpguino on them.

...mpguino.wiseman...
this one seems it has a newer version in it plus some very neat extra features.

meelis11 07-12-2012 03:28 PM

What you mean by being better for Geo Metro? Probably both work, but my version has more extra features.

Meelis

Deepdivered 07-12-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meelis11 (Post 316664)
What you mean by being better for Geo Metro? Probably both work, but my version has more extra features.

Meelis

Just wondering if both where equally as accurate and comparable with the geo metro area ill be getting yours then because I like the features u added. Have u got an encloser yet?

meelis11 07-13-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepdivered (Post 316667)
Just wondering if both where equally as accurate and comparable with the geo metro area ill be getting yours then because I like the features u added. Have u got an encloser yet?

Still no finished enclosures :(
I have enclosure parts cutted but I am on vacation and often away from home.

Meelis