EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   MPGuino wiki (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/mpguino-wiki-4852.html)

MetroMPG 08-30-2008 05:58 PM

MPGuino wiki

>> MPGuino wiki - EcoModder
<<

Might as well sticky this so people can help it grow...

dcb 09-08-2008 07:48 AM

A thought on wiki organization.

We might want separate pages for different vehicles, then you can expand on that vehicle, and have a section for hookup location pictures and specifics and any anomalies/faq for that vehicle. Otherwise the mpguino page might start looking like the release one thread.

Any other thoughts?

SVOboy 09-08-2008 10:47 AM

That makes sense. I see us eventually having pages for vehicles for other stuff to, so MPGuino could be on of the anchored sections for each vehicle.

ptsmith24 09-08-2008 12:08 PM

Who was supposed to set up a vehicle specific section on the wiki (for MPGuino setup, general FE mods, etc.)? I know there was a thread not too long ago about it. I can help out with that, along with a FAQ/Troubleshooting section for the MPGuino.

ptsmith24 09-08-2008 06:09 PM

I've gone through the first two pages of the thread and updated the wiki with a Troubleshooting/FAQ section. It may be necessary to split up that section into subsections as it grows. I'll finish more of it later. I just wanted to get a little bit in there. Feel free to edit it if you don't like the setup/formatting. :)

dcb 09-08-2008 06:19 PM

Thanks! I tweaked the LCD section :)

dcb 09-11-2008 08:55 AM

Ok, Added a Metro page w/installation pictures and linked to it from the vehicle table rather than dup the info. Lets see how that works.

dcb 09-23-2008 08:15 AM

Added a calibration page:

Mpguino calibration - EcoModder

ptsmith24 09-23-2008 09:30 AM

Two Questions:

Are all these additions (Metro, calibration, etc.) going to be linked to from the Main Page?

Also, should the numbers for the few cars we do have be moved to the calibration page rather than the main MPGuino page? Or should it be on both?

ac7ss 09-26-2008 03:04 PM

I have started a page for Mazda. (I figured that a brand specific page would be better than a model/year page) All that is there is the hookup and current numbers for MPGuino on my truck, but the framework is there for more.

Perhaps make the numbers just on the calibration page (easier to update.)

bbjsw10 09-26-2008 08:41 PM

Could someone add my enclosure to the wiki?

I tried and failed miserably. Here is a link to the pics, User contributions - EcoModder #64, 65, and 66

Edit: I figured it out, added pics to Wiki.

wikityler 10-14-2008 03:19 PM

What about adding pages for each type of mod, like mirror deletes, kill switches, etc.? This way rather than searching the forum, people can go to a wiki page and see several different methods compared.

orange4boy 11-27-2008 04:09 AM

I added a few useful links there to the main page. I think we need a more thorough user manual. I'll do what I can to add what I have learned.

There needs to be a specifications section as well so people know what they have for troubleshooting. ie- is the kit an iduino or a diecimila

We gearheads need all the help we can get with the techie stuff.

Nevyn 12-02-2008 08:43 AM

I'm both techie and gearhead, perhaps I can be of assistance? I've been over to the wiki, and saw things that I wanted to change/update, but I want to make sure I've got permissions before I go running around updating.

*EDIT* 12/3/2008 15:25 EST

Is the "Enclosures" page deliberately taken off the wiki, or is that a side-effect of the spamming? Some of the pictures can still be found at http://mrdoall.dnsalias.com/wiki/ind...f_Car_Settings ,but I don't think it's all of them.

I also added the v0.74 information to the main page.

americasfuture2k 01-04-2009 12:51 PM

what is the difference between the V1 and the other one offered? just firmware? im ready to order one, but i dont know which one to choose.

McTimson 01-04-2009 03:49 PM

The V1 board has the RJ11 and USB ports on the opposite sides, V2 has them on the same side. Other than that, they're the same, but V2 is cheaper.

rmccomiskie 01-05-2009 08:47 AM

V2 makes it a lot easier to mount inside an enclosure. Just need to butt the RJ11 and USB connectors on one side. An enclosure for the V1 has to be just exactly the right width for the connectors.

Cooluser23 12-01-2010 01:43 PM

Wait, I'm confused. There is a V1, and a V2? Could someone clarify that a little?

I'm sure I'm not the only casual reader that stumbled across that.

winker 09-03-2011 02:18 AM

I may be being a bit thick, but where is the index page for the wiki. If I click on random page I get some very useful information that peolple have posted, but I cant seem to work out how or where ALL pages are indexed.

firehawk618 03-23-2015 01:48 AM

I think it's been hacked.

When you goto the wiki all that it says now is "a$$holes"

tvbd56 03-23-2015 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firehawk618 (Post 472695)
I think it's been hacked.

When you goto the wiki all that it says now is "a$$holes"

x2

actually I just looked and multiple pages are like that.
Ecomodding projects
mirror laws by Providences
BSFC maps
EV batteries

and I'm sure there are more

Daox 03-23-2015 11:09 AM

Thanks for letting us know. Its been cleaned up now.

jonzobot 04-17-2017 12:26 AM

Hello,

I have been making an MPGuino and this is a great resource. Thanks to all involved with putting this project together, it is amazing and has been such a fun project for me and I have learned a lot.

Just a couple of comments on the wiki page:

1. I drive a 1999 Toyota Tercel, which is a bit special because the 1997-1999 models have mechanical returnless fuel systems which throw off the numbers slightly. T Vago's script can account for this when setting options during compiling - I was wondering if it would be useful to have a sub-wiki page to list out cars which have this problem with the MPGuino so that people can know right off the bat (Current readily available information just describes it as some Chrysler vehicles).

2. The schematic drawings on the wiki show 50k resistors for the Arduino (first diagram), and 100k resistors for the IDuino (second diagram), for the VSS and Injector lead resistors. I'm assuming they should be the same value? Anyway, I used the 50k ones.

catasbox 06-25-2017 07:22 PM

Hello.
I have a simple task to achieve, I guess, but I'm stuck. All I need to do is to read the Speed of the vehicle using data from the obd2 k-line pin, and then to send a command to blink the brake lights when a certain decrease in speed is detected (e.g. more than 2km/h/s). I can not initialize the k-line and I am not able to read anything on the serial monitor on arduino :(. The vehicle is an 2004 BMW E60, uses ISO_14230_fast but I guess this is not an issue.

So, all I need Is some help from someone to extract from the code only the part for init sequence for ISO_14230_fast and sone way to read the speed on the serial monitor.