EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   DIY / How-to (https://ecomodder.com/forum/diy-how.html)
-   -   my prius inverter is broken, but car still drives (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/my-prius-inverter-broken-but-car-still-drives-11995.html)

padang 01-23-2010 12:42 AM

my prius inverter is broken, but car still drives

Hi all,

My prius inverter is broken. And according to the dealership, the code for it shows it is not covered under warranty. (Not sure I trust the dealership though, they are saying the fuse blew and thus the inverter is broken due to us charging the battrey the wrong way - and we did not!)
However, the car still drives well, the battrey still charges when the car is moving, but not when the car is not moving (eg at red light).
Is it safe to not fix the inverter and continue to drive the car? (Since we lost our jobs, we want to safe money.)

thanks!

padang 01-23-2010 02:09 AM

my prius inverter is broken, but car still drive

One more thing. The dealer says the code is P0A08-DC - DC inverter status. We need to replace the inverter and with this code, it is not covered under warranty.

Ryland 01-23-2010 02:29 AM

you are pretty vague as to what happened to it, you say you "charging the battery the wrong way" how did you do that?

Lazarus 01-23-2010 07:29 AM

We had an inverter go out on ours about 4 months ago. 2006 with 50000 miles. drove it into the dealer and 6 hours drove home. Did not have to spend a nickel. You did not mention year or mileage but the electrical components are suppose to be 8 years and 100,000 miles.

TexasCotton 01-26-2010 11:46 AM

Inverter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus (Post 156168)
We had an inverter go out on ours about 4 months ago. 2006 with 50000 miles. drove it into the dealer and 6 hours drove home. Did not have to spend a nickel. You did not mention year or mileage but the electrical components are suppose to be 8 years and 100,000 miles.

I notice that your post does not list year make/model/mileage either/as well. My 04Toyota Slvg Prius may have inverter issues too! However; I witness that many Toyota and Prius owners only use Toyota dealers service dept and Toyota parts and branded supplies. Example toyota owners only use TLLC aka toyota long life coolant .
04Slvg Prius (Lost in Texas)

priuservicemiami 07-23-2011 01:22 PM

hi, i can fix u inverter

Quote:

Originally Posted by padang (Post 156144)
Hi all,

My prius inverter is broken. And according to the dealership, the code for it shows it is not covered under warranty. (Not sure I trust the dealership though, they are saying the fuse blew and thus the inverter is broken due to us charging the battrey the wrong way - and we did not!)
However, the car still drives well, the battrey still charges when the car is moving, but not when the car is not moving (eg at red light).
Is it safe to not fix the inverter and continue to drive the car? (Since we lost our jobs, we want to safe money.)

thanks!

I can fix you inverter