Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Waggon - '01 Saturn SW2
new guy

Hi im Charles I'm from Ohio and recently aquired a 2001 saturn sw2 4 cyl. 5 speed.

Its my dads old car he replaced it with a saturn l300 as he needed a better looking vehicle for work(clients) not to mention his knees appreciate the taller sation wagon.

The sw2 has served him very consistantly with decent economy and few necessary repairs. My dad has to drive around the state quite a bit for work (he averages about 30K miles/year) and on the longer(multihour) drives the car has been averaging about 40-44mpg at 60mph completly stock running mobile 1 oil.

I'm very excited to start tweaking and maximizing my fuel economy I;ve already installing a vacuum gauge to give me some kind of feedback, especially with my drive to work as i drive through 2 small towns totaling 12 traffic lights over a 25 minute drive, i've been averaging just over 30mpg for my daily commute (this is pre-vacuum guage) and is much better then the 10mpg I was averaging for the same commute in my 1990 jeep Cherokee i6.

kinda long winded but I think thats about it =)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
charlessocccer -

Welcome to EM! The SW manuals are hard to find, good catch!

I was looking into getting an LW300 as a 3rd car for my wife's jewelry business, but they always had a deal-breaker problem.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 12-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Waggon - '01 Saturn SW2
I work at a junk-yard and we get one of these saturn wagons in every once in a while but most of the time they are auto, on the other hand with the sedan version we always have at least 5 or so of them in stick... they tend to get junked when a repair is needed in excess of $400 or so and because of that most are actually in pretty good shape... needless to say ill probably be keeping and DD this car for a long time, I might even start building up a parts collection next time we get an sw2 in at the jy.

Yea, the l300 is a nice vehicle, but my dad will definatly be taking a hit on the economy... v6 auto lol but it is a realized cost

Last edited by charlessocccer; 12-28-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
charlessocccer -

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlessocccer View Post
I work at a junk-yard and we get one of these saturn wagons in every once in a while but most of the time they are auto, on the other hand with the sedan version we always have at least 5 or so of them in stick... they tend to get junked when a repair is needed in excess of $400 or so and because of that most are actually in pretty good shape... needless to say ill probably be keeping and DD this car for a long time, I might even start building up a parts collection next time we get an sw2 in at the jy.

Yea, the l300 is a nice vehicle, but my dad will definatly be taking a hit on the economy... v6 auto lol but it is a realized cost
Ooooooh, you should join saturnfans.com and try to sell S-Series parts. I warn you, though, we're a stingy bunch!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Reply  Post New Thread