EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   new device out that saves gas, any good? (fuel doctor - fd-47) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-device-out-saves-gas-any-good-fuel-16292.html)

pfk3939 03-01-2011 04:56 PM

new device out that saves gas, any good? (fuel doctor - fd-47)

A new device is out, fuel doctor usa, and was wondering if anyone has used this? I'm interested in purchasing but for $69.99 I wanted to hear some opinions on it. I've been reading some reviews but skeptical on who is writing them, so came here. :confused:

Angmaar 03-01-2011 05:15 PM

It does nothing. Just drive with a lighter foot and you'll save much more.

Tango Charlie 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

From the Fuel Doctor website;
"As a vehicle matures, the power systems tend to generate and experience more electrical noise or electrical interference. This noise can have many detrimental effects on the vehicle’s systems and decrease their efficiency. The FD-47 simply plugs into the lighter socket/power port and the power conditioning qualities of the FD-47 help to reduce and remove this noise and to restore your vehicle’s efficiency."

Wow. Seriously? Who writes this Star Trek technobabble stuff?
No, man, you're much better off clicking on the 100+ Hypermiling Tips link at the top of the page. And it won't set you back seventy bucks.

Weather Spotter 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

I smell snake oil :)

Read up on our wiki page and you will find many mods that are proven to get better MPG and cost lest:
Car MPG Efficiency Modifications Main - EcoModder

UFO 03-01-2011 08:09 PM

A pack of lies. Compleat rubbish. Don't ever buy something from someone who lies.

endurance 03-01-2011 08:10 PM

If you have $70 burning a hole in your pocket to save money in gasoline, buy an Ultragauge and use it as a tool for improving your driving. The best trick for improving MPG is adjusting the nut behind the wheel. Otherwise the proven mods are block heaters, grille blocks, and aerodynamic modifications. Anything that plugs in or bolts on and promises 20%+ improvement is snake oil.

redyaris 03-01-2011 08:54 PM

That "thing" belongs in the group with "your check is in the mail" " I can get it for you wholesale" and "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you"

mcrews 03-01-2011 09:48 PM

I thought I posted on this pos last yr. I got one at best (money back garrantee) and drove to texas from sacto. Running a scangauge to verify. NADA. Nothing. no workie got full refund.

BHarvey 03-01-2011 10:00 PM

The guys here will not lead you wrong. I started off barely making 32 mpg combined and with some software re-programming (to my brain) I was up to 36. I added a grill block and was verifying the benefits when I got ants in my pants and upped my tire pressure from the 44 psi sidewall max F/R to 48F/44R and yielded my first tank above 40 mpg. I then upped all tires to 50 psi and had two more tanks in a row over 40.

Had my best trip yesterday of 125 miles of combined mileage and was showing 43.6 on the UG.

Trust them when they say those silly devices don't work!

NachtRitter 03-01-2011 10:33 PM

Wow! $70 for something that plugs into the cigarette lighter and lights up some LEDs??? And probably costs less than $1 to manufacture??? Damn, I'm definitely in the wrong business... :mad: