EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   new device out that saves gas, any good? (fuel doctor - fd-47) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-device-out-saves-gas-any-good-fuel-16292.html)

pfk3939 03-01-2011 04:56 PM

new device out that saves gas, any good? (fuel doctor - fd-47)

A new device is out, fuel doctor usa, and was wondering if anyone has used this? I'm interested in purchasing but for $69.99 I wanted to hear some opinions on it. I've been reading some reviews but skeptical on who is writing them, so came here. :confused:

Angmaar 03-01-2011 05:15 PM

It does nothing. Just drive with a lighter foot and you'll save much more.

Tango Charlie 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

From the Fuel Doctor website;
"As a vehicle matures, the power systems tend to generate and experience more electrical noise or electrical interference. This noise can have many detrimental effects on the vehicle’s systems and decrease their efficiency. The FD-47 simply plugs into the lighter socket/power port and the power conditioning qualities of the FD-47 help to reduce and remove this noise and to restore your vehicle’s efficiency."

Wow. Seriously? Who writes this Star Trek technobabble stuff?
No, man, you're much better off clicking on the 100+ Hypermiling Tips link at the top of the page. And it won't set you back seventy bucks.

Weather Spotter 03-01-2011 05:26 PM

I smell snake oil :)

Read up on our wiki page and you will find many mods that are proven to get better MPG and cost lest:
Car MPG Efficiency Modifications Main - EcoModder

UFO 03-01-2011 08:09 PM

A pack of lies. Compleat rubbish. Don't ever buy something from someone who lies.

endurance 03-01-2011 08:10 PM

If you have $70 burning a hole in your pocket to save money in gasoline, buy an Ultragauge and use it as a tool for improving your driving. The best trick for improving MPG is adjusting the nut behind the wheel. Otherwise the proven mods are block heaters, grille blocks, and aerodynamic modifications. Anything that plugs in or bolts on and promises 20%+ improvement is snake oil.

redyaris 03-01-2011 08:54 PM

That "thing" belongs in the group with "your check is in the mail" " I can get it for you wholesale" and "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you"

mcrews 03-01-2011 09:48 PM

I thought I posted on this pos last yr. I got one at best (money back garrantee) and drove to texas from sacto. Running a scangauge to verify. NADA. Nothing. no workie got full refund.

BHarvey 03-01-2011 10:00 PM

The guys here will not lead you wrong. I started off barely making 32 mpg combined and with some software re-programming (to my brain) I was up to 36. I added a grill block and was verifying the benefits when I got ants in my pants and upped my tire pressure from the 44 psi sidewall max F/R to 48F/44R and yielded my first tank above 40 mpg. I then upped all tires to 50 psi and had two more tanks in a row over 40.

Had my best trip yesterday of 125 miles of combined mileage and was showing 43.6 on the UG.

Trust them when they say those silly devices don't work!

NachtRitter 03-01-2011 10:33 PM

Wow! $70 for something that plugs into the cigarette lighter and lights up some LEDs??? And probably costs less than $1 to manufacture??? Damn, I'm definitely in the wrong business... :mad:

CigaR007 03-01-2011 11:10 PM

There is no such thing as easy efficiency. If it's too good to be true, then it is too good to be true.

Either invest in instrumentation that will provide instant feedback on efficiency and/or change your driving habits to increase overall efficiency.

mcrews 03-02-2011 12:02 AM

wow...nicely put!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHarvey (Post 223009)
The guys here will not lead you wrong. I started off barely making 32 mpg combined and with some software re-programming (to my brain) I was up to 36. I added a grill block and was verifying the benefits when I got ants in my pants and upped my tire pressure from the 44 psi sidewall max F/R to 48F/44R and yielded my first tank above 40 mpg. I then upped all tires to 50 psi and had two more tanks in a row over 40.

Had my best trip yesterday of 125 miles of combined mileage and was showing 43.6 on the UG.

Trust them when they say those silly devices EDIT DON'T WORK aren't needed.

Bharvey, you were doing great....:thumbup:
until the last 2 words:eek::(;):thumbup:

Really though, thanks for the kind words. This has to be one of the most helpful, humble, knowledgeable, articulate bunch of posters I know.:thumbup:

meelis11 03-02-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NachtRitter (Post 223017)
Wow! $70 for something that plugs into the cigarette lighter and lights up some LEDs??? And probably costs less than $1 to manufacture??? Damn, I'm definitely in the wrong business... :mad:

I have 10+ hear old Ericsson mobile phone charger that plugs to cigarette ligter and it has 2 leds. It is probably more useful even if i dont have phone that can be charged using it.
I can sell it about 35$ :)
It puts out 7 Volts - at least it can be used as power source.

BHarvey 03-02-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 223041)
Bharvey, you were doing great....:thumbup:
until the last 2 words:eek::(;):thumbup:

Really though, thanks for the kind words. This has to be one of the most helpful, humble, knowledgeable, articulate bunch of posters I know.:thumbup:

Fixed it!

Can't really blame anyone for wanting an 'easy fix'. But since a gas, diesel, hybrid, electric or any combo all show that driving more efficiently gets you farther, it makes it easy to see that the driver is what needs to be fixed.

ChazInMT 03-02-2011 11:48 AM

Fuel Doctor is for Suckers

I'll make this offer again.

Send me $59.99 and I'll send you this tricolored energy focusing amulet that you hang from your rearview mirror.

http://i55.tinypic.com/35kpye1.jpg

It is proven to harness the cosmic radiation from the huge pool of energy that powers Galactic Space, Dark Matter, and transform it into a usable form that makes your car run better, tires will last longer, you can safely go 20,000 miles between oil changes, and bugs will clean off your windshield with ease.

And if you act now, as a special bonus, I'll have it blessed by a local Witch Doctor! (Chicken blood will be completely removed prior to shipment)

http://i54.tinypic.com/25ov5hj.jpg

This will double or triple the effectiveness of this rare amulet! You may never have to buy another tank of gas again!!

ACT NOW!!!! (Due to high worldwide demand, Di-Lithium prices may rise significantly and we cannot guarantee this price!)

NHRABill 03-02-2011 11:51 AM

Sounds like they are selling a voltage conditioner ... only problem is the car is designed and can handle fluctuating electrical currents that is what the voltage regulator is for, no matter if it is in the alternator or mounted on the firewall you are covered ... If you are getting electrical noise through your car stereo speakers this may help eliminate that... but so would a new set of spiral wound spark plug wires

MetroMPG 03-03-2011 10:04 AM

Already busted this device in another thread:

See: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...mer-12792.html

alohaspirit 03-04-2011 07:24 PM

chaz, thanks for the papa shango pic :)

but seriously, no ones jumped on this thing yet?

using it i was able to hit Warp 1.2!

im hoping that if i combine with magnets, ill be able to do transwarp!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SCfwBkF65o...ed,+Disney.png

not srs

mcrews 03-04-2011 07:58 PM

I am soooooooooo excited about the chance to prove you dummmb ol eco mammas a thing or twwwo.

So how about if one of you (sucka's) sponser me.........

and then if I can rent uot my room at the 1/2 way house....
I'll buy the gasss...

and oh yo.....what's with this dc ac dc testing thing.....that is sssssssooooooo lame.....just wastn gas......

man the gizzmo lights up!!!!!!!! duh.....of course it works.......

tee hee heee

man, that was kinda fun!!!!!

ChazInMT 03-04-2011 08:00 PM

You'd have to watch out for the Borg zipping about in TransWarp space, I'd leave the magnets off the wrap plasma injectors for that reason alone.....getting assimilated will really ruin your plans for the future.

Instead, just put a TornadoAir Plasma Version in the area just aft of the injectors, you'll find you can reach warp 9.98 without even needing any extra power rerouted to your structural integrity field.

Just sayin.

pfk3939 03-05-2011 09:18 PM

I was actually like all you guys, but I'm beginning to think this device is actually pretty amazing. I just started using it but my friend has barley had to fill their gas tank in the last month. I can't speak for my self since I'm still trying it out but he swears by it and only has good things to say about it. so who knows? maybe this fuel doctor device is actually legit.

NHRABill 03-05-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfk3939 (Post 223746)
I was actually like all you guys, but I'm beginning to think this device is actually pretty amazing. I just started using it but my friend has barley had to fill their gas tank in the last month. I can't speak for my self since I'm still trying it out but he swears by it and only has good things to say about it. so who knows? maybe this fuel doctor device is actually legit.

umm no...

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 09:40 PM

if you can't explain how or why it works and how it does that then quite advertising the garbage

ECONORAM 03-05-2011 09:54 PM

If this thing enables TransWarp drive, we may be onto something!

[edit] pfk, I suspect your friend's increased MPG is due to him now paying close attention to his driving, wanting to see improvement. This is why A-B-A testing is so important. Everyone here is right, gauges and the 100 tips are your best bet. The Ultragauge, an OBDuino, or something else will be a much better investment, as will reading the 100 tips. Knowledge is power.

BHarvey 03-05-2011 10:06 PM

It emits an energy field that is giving a subliminal message that convinces you it is doing something.....

Or maybe those lights hypnotize you....

Or it is secretly making your odometer read 5% higher....

Or it is a gps tracking device so someone can find you and put some gas in your car at 3am.

ChazInMT 03-05-2011 10:33 PM

Is your friend the inventor of the Fuel Doctor?? :cool: If so, than I'd say it is working quite well for its intended purpose.:thumbup: It is intended to use pseudoscience (look it up) to baffle you into thinking that this can work and get you to part with a pretty hefty chunk of your hard earned money for something he pays 50¢ for from China.

I can GUARANTEE, that if you could get the honest truth out of the guy who invented this thing, he'd tell you himself, it is a gimmick to try and make himself rich. :mad:

No different than the Intake Tornado, Fuel Line Magnetizers, Water Ionizers for your drinking water, Homeopathic Remedies, LED Light therapy devices, HHO Generators and Snake Oil. All these products do is take your money and give nothing they claim in return. :confused:

In all seriousness, you are an unabridged sucker if you bought this thing. Learn from it, and be more skeptical in the future. I have lost prolly $5,000 of my own money over the years being suckered myself on various deals. :eek: It happens. :( If you only spend $50-60 on this thing and endeavor to keep yourself better informed with your purchases and business dealings in the future, and somehow don’t get duped again, than the Fuel Doctor is a bargain. Of course it's not the bargain for which it is intended to be. It does have a 30 day money back guarantee, get the refund. :o

Pax et Lux

Joenavy85 03-05-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazInMT (Post 223771)
No different than the Intake Tornado

wrong, the tornado thingy at least did something in relation to the engine, even though it doesn't help in any way

mcrews 03-06-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfk3939 (Post 223746)
I was actually like all you guys,

Hold up there cowboy.......you were NEVER like us.
Ok. let's be clear.

[/QUOTE]
but I'm beginning to think this device is actually pretty amazing. I just started using it but my friend has barley had to fill their gas tank in the last month. I can't speak for my self since I'm still trying it out but he swears by it and only has good things to say about it. so who knows? maybe this fuel doctor device is actually legit.[/QUOTE]

I just started using it but my friend has barley had to fill their gas tank in the last month

Ok, little grammer/english lesson time.....
barley - should be barely no typo there, the "L" is too far from the e and r
my friend - Single, one.......but you the refer to "their tank" their is mulitple friends.

So do they send you these scripts to cut and past???
because the phrase "actually pretty amazing" is very out of place when there is not a statistic associated with it.

just saying, scammerboy.

euromodder 03-06-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joenavy85 (Post 223756)
if you can't explain how or why it works and how it does that then quite advertising the garbage

I'd say these things "work" by making the driver pay more attention to his driving and fuel use.

We've seen before that a more considerate driving style has a lot of potential - even without resorting to hardcore hypermiling techniques.

What's really silly about the FuelDoctor rebuttal of the consumer reports test, is that they blame them for using new(ish) cars .
As if this device will work on the same car in 2 or 3 years time, while it doesn't work on it now.
The electrical system in a car doesn't go berserk after 2 or 3 years .

224vicky 03-12-2011 01:08 AM

A waste

Always a scam. My favorite would have to be the "tornado fuel saver"... a peice of metal that sits in your intake claiming to create a "turbine" of air which uses less gas. Awful!

These guys on this forum are right. A ScanGauge will pay for itself as you will see what you are doing wrong. Welcome!

T

mcrews 03-13-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 224vicky (Post 224966)
These guys on this forum are right.

T

my favorite 7 words spoken by a woman....:thumbup:

I think I'm in love....:o

alohaspirit 03-13-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcrews (Post 225198)
my favorite 7 words spoken by a woman....:thumbup:

I think I'm in love....:o

your 4 least favourite words in the world...

http://www.jennqpublic.com/wp-conten...s-man-baby.JPG

ChazInMT 03-13-2011 02:48 PM

Great Aloha!!!

Yeah Baby!

MetroMPG 03-14-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazInMT (Post 225188)
<<<<<<<((((((((unicorn alert))))))))>>>>>>>

Moved.

mcrews 03-18-2011 03:01 PM

hey mod,
bluereg is posting FxUxExL....... to get hits when it's googled.
flame his axx and rename the thread

some_other_dave 03-20-2011 02:38 AM

Click the red/white "!" icon in the lower-left corner of the post to flag it. That will bring it directly to the attention of the moderating team. More reliable than adding a post to the thread.

-soD