Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ladogaboy - '11 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR
Team Emperor
90 day: 27.64 mpg (US)

E85 EVO - '11 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR
90 day: 21.38 mpg (US)
Great explanations. I'm sure people would be shocked at what you're able to achieve with a work truck. And still, there are loads of areas to continue improving!

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Good to see this. Great vid.

Was re-reading your fuel log. Excellent notes. Have missed your participation.

Man, the price of fuel sure hurts! What is the price spread in your area between #2 Diesel and Bio-D?

I see that we started our logs at the same time (Jan 09) but the fuel price differential is one dollar/gl. So, even though your average mpg is 20% better, the cpm fuel cost at 14 versus 16 puts in mind I may need to learn a bit of P&G for some routes.

On the other hand, being smack dab in the middle of the Eagle Ford oil & gas boom, it'd be like driving with pulsing neon lights, ha!

Every time I see an IDI Ford I think about whether it would make a good second vehicle (one I can't justify as I don't need it, but your experience makes real).

Last edited by slowmover; 03-18-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
Great video.

A few years ago I tried to sell my dad on buying some solar panels or wind turbines for the house but he didn't like the long payoff.

How long do you think it'll take to pay off the cost of the solar panel and batteries, over having an alternator?
I did 12v solar for my house first, and actually did the numbers on that. It didn't eliminate my bill, but it reduced it. That system should pay off in about 2 years: Independant (non-grid-intertie) solar electric system

I haven't really calculated for the truck solar, because I was never careful enough about logging or ABA testing to determine what impact any one mod had, so I don't know how much mpg the alt was responsible for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Man, the price of fuel sure hurts! What is the price spread in your area between #2 Diesel and Bio-D?
I don't know! I haven't bought petrol diesel in about 6 years.
Let me look it up...

... apparently diesel averages about 4.50 right now, and the cheapest is 4.30
Bio is selling for 4.64

I would consider making my own or switching to straight WVO, but the cost of the fuel helps me justify charging mileage, and at $1 per mile (1 way only) I make 0.68 per mile to help pay for maintenance and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?
Reply  Post New Thread