EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   New "Economy Run" events for 2010? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-economy-run-events-2010-a-12686.html)

blownb310 03-21-2010 02:36 PM

New "Economy Run" events for 2010?
 
The Green Grand Prix will get us all worked up and then a month or three later we'll want more. I've demonstrated how straightforward putting together an event can be in Economy Run IV.

Is there anyone else thinking about organizing and event this year? I know that Will has hinted about it last year. How are the roads down there in Binghamton Will? :D

Bicycle Bob 03-21-2010 05:22 PM

Does anybody think that these events spread enough information to reduce oil use overall?

blownb310 03-21-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicycle Bob (Post 167089)
Does anybody think that these events spread enough information to reduce oil use overall?

If you want to reduce overall fuel consumtion, just double the price of fuel. Works every time. Remember the summer of 2008 when you couldn't give away an SUV?

I enjoy these events for the competition aspect. To compare my mechanical abitilties and driving skills with like minded folks.

Mike

cfg83 03-21-2010 06:18 PM

blownb310 -

Quote:

Originally Posted by blownb310 (Post 167091)
If you want to reduce overall fuel consumtion, just double the price of fuel. Works every time. Remember the summer of 2008 when you couldn't give away an SUV?

I enjoy these events for the competition aspect. To compare my mechanical abitilties and driving skills with like minded folks.

Mike

I think it is also a good info sharing event. Like Ecomodder, but without the Internet.

CarloSW2

tasdrouille 03-22-2010 08:32 AM

I know tortuous, rally type, roads near and around Mont-Tremblant that would make a wonderful economy run. Unfortunately, I don't think I could get many people to travel up here. I offered to help if SMCC Montreal ever organize one, but that's pretty much it.

I'm a big fan of those events. Like Mike, I like to push my limits, but I do it mostly to put faces on names and have a great time with people sharing the same interests as I do.

blownb310 03-22-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasdrouille (Post 167126)
I know tortuous, rally type, roads near and around Mont-Tremblant that would make a wonderful economy run. Unfortunately, I don't think I could get many people to travel up here. I offered to help if SMCC Montreal ever organize one, but that's pretty much it.

That reminds me, I did hear that Jeff [at SMCC] was considering organizing an economy run type road rally this year. I really hope he does. I'd love to go north of the border for some friendly competition.

Martin, you made an interesting point. I too, had thoughts about a possible switch to more challenging route for a future event. A.M.E.C.'s first three events featured many medium gradient climbs with longer but gentle descents. For our fourth event I picked a flatter route and surprisingly everyone lost a few mpgs, [although the cooler fall temps may have had more to do with that].

I know that everyone likes the big numbers [and that steep climbs favor diesels] but what do you all think about Martin's idea for using a more challengine route? I like it. :)

Mike Kamm

blownb310 03-22-2010 11:02 AM

I found the elevation maps from our two courses so far:

Economy Runs I, II, and III:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f?t=1223301657

Economy Run IV:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nb310/elev.gif

RobertSmalls 03-22-2010 10:38 PM

How about a course with a little of everything, to provide a few different challenges for the machine and driver? Maybe 30% flat land, 50% rolling, and 20% hills so steep that you will downshift on the ascent and use the brakes on the descent.

blownb310 03-22-2010 10:39 PM

It all sounds good to me Rusty. :)

Mike

tasdrouille 03-23-2010 08:13 AM

I liked the course for run III better than run IV. Route 10, when you turn right leaving the river, it the kind of road I like driving a lot.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com