EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New Guy From AZ (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-guy-az-2466.html)

Greenblazer 05-21-2008 04:26 AM

New Guy From AZ

Howdy From Arizona,

Just got a 2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab SR5. Not the most fuel efficient vehicle in the world, but probably one of the best in it's class. I needed a vehicle to haul my girlfriend, her two kids, tow a travel trailer, haul my dirtbike, and bicycles. Unfortunately no one makes a vehicle that will do all that and get 50MPG like my motorcycle does.

My first mod was a custom home made diamond plate tonneau cover. The price of tonneau covers was so high that I went to Industrial Metal Supply on 48th Street and Broadway in Phoenix, and bought the materials to make one out of diamond plate. I wanted one that would be lockable, and didn't want to pay the big money for any of the ones on the market. I have less than $400.00 dollars invested, including gas, but not labour. It came out very nice.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

Johnny Mullet 05-21-2008 06:50 AM

Welcome aboard.

Daox 05-21-2008 06:53 AM

Welcome to the site. We have a few Tacoma owners here and some of them get pretty descent mileage. Make sure to start a mileage log so you can track your FE here, and also check out our 100+ ecodriving tips page as changes in driving technique will give you the best gains for your dollar.

MetroMPG 05-21-2008 08:04 AM

Hi Allan. I thought for sure when I saw the user name "Greenblazer" we had another Chevy owner. :)

I'm curious if you documented any MPG improvement with the tonnea or not.

Welcome to the forum.

DifferentPointofView 05-21-2008 11:44 AM

I also thought you were gonna bring in a blazer of somesort, but I was fooled! :D Welcome to EM!

Greenblazer 05-22-2008 02:43 AM

Hey Ya'll,

Well I registered the handle "Greenblazer" in Jan 2002 on a Blazer forum and it has stuck, I use it as an alias, and many of my friends don't know that it's not my real name. I just sold my '74 Chevy Blazer. Since it got about 6 to 8 MPG, and my commute is about 21 miles, I could no longer justify spending money on it. I loved my Blazer, but I had no room for it in my life.

About the tonneau cover I didn't want to wait and see if it would make a noticable difference, so I just put it on. Since my commute is almost all freeway I expect it will make a difference.

How do I log my fuel consumption here? I got 355 Miles out of my first tank for 17.7 MPG, and the second tank did 428 miles for 24.17 MPG This improvement is thanks to hypermiling techniques learned from reading about them here and other forums.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

Daox 05-22-2008 08:14 AM

It looks like you already found out how to use the garage feature as you have two tanks entered already. Did you have any other questions about it?

Greenblazer 05-23-2008 03:50 AM

Yes I did figure it out thank you!

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

cfg83 05-25-2008 05:10 AM

Greenblazer -

Welcome to EM! We've got a lot of Tacoma's here. Maybe we should have an MPG King Taco listing, ;) .

CarloSW2

Greenblazer 05-26-2008 04:34 AM

Well OK, but we will need at least two Tacoma classes: 6 Cylinder and 4 Cylinder.

Thanks ya'll for the warm welcome BTW.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer