EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   new guy here with a mustache! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-guy-here-mustache-8842.html)

mrkukujiao 06-19-2009 03:04 AM

new guy here with a mustache!

1 Attachment(s)
Not really, I'm clean shaven actually! :)

I'm from Malaysia, single, and owns a Ford...Laser that is ;)
It's actually a rebranded (not by me!) Mazda 323 1.6L, carb, 4-door aeroback FF my dad bought back in summer '91.
Oh wait. What am I saying? We don't have four seasons here!:confused:

An ECO-concious guy here, I'm mostly into DIY audio and HOW is that relevant to eco-modding you may ask.
Well, I use only recycled stuffs for 95% of my projects and for other accessories. Repair, Reuse, and Reduce.
And whenever possible, I WALK! :thumbup:

Got to know abt this site from Popular Mechanics.com
Instantly became interested in the creative and unusual mods you guys are doing. Our aim is one - to protect mother nature using science!

Let's get modded~~!!!:(

UfoTofU 06-19-2009 05:06 AM

Welcome, I've been reading "mustache" as "Mustang"

Piwoslaw 06-19-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitaimdao (Post 110774)
Welcome, I've been reading "mustache" as "Mustang"

Because there is a "Mustang" thread and and "mustache" thread.

Daox 06-19-2009 08:48 AM

Welcome to the site. What kind of mileage do you get with the Laser? Got any mods planned?

mrkukujiao 06-20-2009 03:33 AM

Daox: Being a carb engine, the mpg is really an embarrassing issue :(
I'm thinking about trying out the mods posted by these people first and monitor my mpg. Don't forget, the temperature in the equatorial region is constantly warm.
Wonder if covering the front vents would be a good idea, aside from preventing dead insects from stashing up in the radiator...

UfoTofU 06-20-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 110777)
Because there is a "Mustang" thread and and "mustache" thread.

Yep

Superturnier 06-23-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkukujiao (Post 111002)
Daox: Being a carb engine, the mpg is really an embarrassing issue :(

In my opinion carburettor is not a bad thing. I have seen both carb and efi versions of a similar car model and the carb models were more economical.
That's probably because the efi model was low emission with catalysator. And to keep the emissions low you need the efi for controlling the air/fuel mixture around the optimal combustion 14,7:1 ratio.
Carb version was probably on the leaner side. :)

MetroMPG 06-23-2009 11:40 AM

Fastest significant results will come from driving technique above all else. (I assume you've seen the 100+ tips - see the navigation, top of every page).

The downside about a carbureted engine is ... fuel consumption instrumentation is far more difficult. (No ScanGauge, no MPGuino, no SuperMID.)

If I were in your shoes, I would attempt to calibrate your fuel tank sender to the highest resolution possible so you can at least track fuel use between fill-ups.

Welcome to EcoModder!