Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

London, UK

Hi Guys, dropping in from London, UK.

just recently decided to have a go at "bangernomics" (the art of running a car on the lowest possible budget)

bought a 1996 Honda Civic EK3 1.5 LSi Hatchback (1.5 litre D15Z6 Engine, which I don't think was ever sold in the US market - it has 2 stage vtec, with the first stage being some sort of "economical" 12-valve mode or something!

Picked it up with 3 months road tax and 3 months Ministry of Transport test remaining on it for UK£480 (US$783), four good tyres, 98,000 miles, cambelt oil&filters recently changed, clutch feels good, drives lovely although bodywork looks tatty externally due to what looks like a home attempt at painting bonnet and passenger door. Still , for the price, I'm not complaining.

running on 175/65/14s cheapo tyres that came with it, which I'm currently keeping at 40psi

standard unleaded petrol here is currently UK£1.34 per litre at the cheapest station (US$8.27 per US gallon)

I started to read some of the hypermiling tips, and realised that I've been doing a lot of the things naturally already out of what seemed common sense to me, although I was very glad of the tips I hadn't thought of.

I'm sure I can improve my own driving style even more, and am thinking soon I might strip the car out totally, replace the glass with lexan except for the windscreen, and go on a diet myself haha.

Filled it up when i picked it up and reset the trip counter to zero. got near empty today so did my first fill-up. So I'm happy enough with the >400 miles to a tank I've done in it first time out, and looking forward to hanging about here and improving more!

49.1 UK MPG (40.9 US MPG)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

welcome to em

Reply  Post New Thread