EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New guy from Vermont (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-guy-vermont-30019.html)

FordFiestaS 09-18-2014 12:44 PM

New guy from Vermont

Hello all. What a grand forum.

I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta S which you know only came in a 5 speed. I generally get 34 or so MPG around town and on the highway about 43 cruising with the flow @ about 70-75mph.

The greatest MPG I've got was going 55mph on a round-trip of 250 miles interstate / rural road combination driving of just over 51 MPG.

I just installed yesterday a ScanGauge II and am in anticipation of doing quite a bit more. I've already modified my driving considerably watching the feedback from the ScanGauge. Very very interesting how is keeps you constantly updated on the vehicles behavior and most importantly the drivers behavior.

I'll report as I refuel and keep track both on paper and via the ScanGauge as to my progress toward becoming a true ecomodder.

Fat Charlie 09-18-2014 01:44 PM

Hilly country like that can be great for mpg, and I love the car. I was really close to getting one myself. Welcome aboard!

nemo 09-18-2014 07:52 PM

Welcome!

Wish my wife was getting that kind of city mileage. She usually on drives short trips with the A/C on never get warmed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordFiestaS (Post 446102)
I'll report as I refuel and keep track both on paper and via the ScanGauge as to my progress toward becoming a true ecomodder.

Remember to start a garage entry and fuel log.

Daox 09-18-2014 11:16 PM

Welcome to the site. You should definitely be able to squeeze some good mileage out of that car.

xavi 09-21-2014 04:43 PM

Scangauge will help a lot! Welcome!

FordFiestaS 09-21-2014 05:08 PM

I took my first long trip, 300+ miles today with the ScanGauge II. Wow... what a difference. I'll reserve my enthusiasm for now.... But the #'s are big as I now monitor every push of the pedal.

I'll fill a couple times b4 I spout off as to how good the Guage is in aiding better driving habits and thus... Big MPG's. Hint: 50+ + + +

My Fiesta 5 speed S rocks the MPG when keeping it @ 55mph. Wow!

MetroMPG 09-23-2014 04:21 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Not to rain on your parade, but hopefully the gauge isn't too far off reality. Sometimes it takes a tank or two to calibrate it to the vehicle.

FordFiestaS 09-23-2014 04:33 PM

It's pouring out. No not that bad.. But ur right.

I'm working on a report now which I'll post shortly.

I'm on tank 2.

Quick summary.

Not 50 + + + lol, but close....

On paper (real math) 48.2

Still respectable.

More coming under a new post.

Fat Charlie 09-24-2014 07:40 AM

Don't worry- once you get used to working with the feedback you'll improve. It's not a scorecard, it's an aid!