Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

low n slow - '97 honda civic dx hatchback
90 day: 41.79 mpg (US)
Hello From Florida

Hello, my name is Ryan and I drive a cheap, crusty looking 97 civic dx hatchback. I needed a new car after getting in a accident, and a friend of a friend was selling this car. I wouldn't normally rush into a car purchase, I needed transportation as I pulled the engine from my second vehicle less than a week earlier. Anyways, I went to look at the car, I saw no air filter, just open piping; ratty interior reeking of ciragrettes, collapsing driver's window, no gas cap, some spray painted 17 inch momo replica wheels; "blacked out" tail lights, and headlights that I couldn't even see with at night.

So I ended up picking up the car for $1500 with a recently overhauled engine, d16y7. I got a OEM intake tube, filter, and sensors; replaced the huge 17"s with my 14" hx wheels. I went to the junkyard and got a new cluster with a tachometer, and was getting high 30 mpgs with a CEL 41, promary oxygen sensor code. Purchased a new to me y7 exhaust manifold with minimal cracking, my manifold had destroyed the oxygen sensor so bad it literally fell apart trying to remove it. Wired up my innovate lc1 wideband, but have yet to calibrate it and mount the guage, but its all there.

Been getting mid to high 40 mpgs lately depending on driving conditions, techniques, etc. Recently replaced the rear wheel bearing/spindle, new tokiko blue suspension (currently raised to stock ride height for longer tire life) and car is currently gutted with carpet and driver's seat after removing the rear plastics for the suspension and waiting on redoing the headliner.

Future plans to try the ethanol free pumps by my house, but they are generally $0.75- $1.00 more depending on current prices, or maybe acetone mix. Want to do some under aero, grill block, and garden edging front lip.

Will try to upload some more pics shortly

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iboyma View Post
Future plans to try the ethanol free pumps by my house, but they are generally $0.75- $1.00 more depending on current prices, or maybe acetone mix.
I wouldn't recommend you to try the acetone.

Reply  Post New Thread