Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello Everyone !!!!

I've started this thread to introduce myself (don't expect anyone to actually read it) and because it is right thing to do , when someone joins the forum.
I was educated as machine engineer but I make a living as interior designer/carpenter. I'm not an eco freak (not that I have something against them) but I would like to live in more cleaner , healthier environment and I strongly believe in energy independence (on a personal level, as much as it can be done).
I live in Serbia , which isn't "hi tech" country , not because there is lack of knowledge , but because lack of money; so here is hard to find electric motor for next to nothing in a junk yard and hub motors are not existing (e.g.) . Only advantage of living in that kind of country (regarding E vehicles) is that work an services (and I mean expert work and knowledge) is dirt chip. For the time being my goal is to set up e-bike with LiFePO Batteries (if my finance allow) and I'll be thinking about e car if I won the lottery (which I play very , very rarely) . Now , if that happens , you'll be reading other thread with new conversion

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
About ten years ago, I started hearing from Robert Stein, who lives in your general area. He wanted to start producing recumbent pedal trikes. I knew that was tough to do in North America, but he ignored my warnings, learned on the job, and is doing fine. He said that his main advantage was not drinking beer. Welcome!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

98 Cherokee - '98 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 17.18 mpg (US)

ZX7R Ninja - '99 Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja
90 day: 42.45 mpg (US)
Welcom to Ecomodder!

Adjusted for my driving habits. 80%city/20%Highway.
20mpg city/30mpg highway or bust! Check out my mods so far
Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the welcome.
Bicycle Bob:"About ten years ago, I started hearing from Robert Stein, who lives in your general area."
I live in Europe , Serbia :-)
Old 08-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Appliance White - '93 Geo Metro 4-Dr. Auto
Last 3: 42.35 mpg (US)

Stealth RV - '91 Chevy Sprint Base
So I see from your sig. Steintrikes official web pages -=- trike and recumbent place is in the area formerly known as Yugoslavia, but I can't find his city in my archive. Sorry.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It's OK. There is one firm in Zagreb ,Croatia (link : ARTAS d.o.o. Zagreb - Električni bicikli, Vjetrenjače, Solarni moduli, LED, Magneti ) and they selling parts , finished bikes, NEO magnets , windmills , batteries ...They (probably) will be my vendor , since we are not very far (~ 250 miles) , and we speak sort of same language and already communicate over their forum. If that doesn't work I can always go to Germany or tell my cousins to bring me anything I need. Anyway , thanks for your effort...

Reply  Post New Thread