EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Success Stories (https://ecomodder.com/forum/success-stories.html)
-   -   New LLR Tires - Seeing Early Results (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-llr-tires-seeing-early-results-33509.html)

broski499 02-22-2016 02:05 PM

New LLR Tires - Seeing Early Results

My lifetime MPG average is at 44.5mpg, 1.5 mpg short from what the EPA says I should get. I recently switched over from the tires that came with the car over to Bridgestone Ecopia tires. Just took a long trip 700 miles total so they are nice and broken in.

Normally around town I struggle to get 45mpg, my local area is hilly and my daily commute is only 8 miles each way.

I'm half way through my tank and I'm currently at 50mpg, whichout changing anything besides having the new tires on.

I'm using an ultragauge and I've seen much high mpg readings while at highway speeds as well as just driving around town.

Will report back after I get a few more tanks of data back to see if my 5mpg increase is from my new Ecopia tires.

Daox 02-22-2016 02:20 PM

Sounds nice. I assume you're running the Ecopia EP422s?

broski499 02-22-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 507863)
Sounds nice. I assume you're running the Ecopia EP422s?

Yep the Bridgestone - Ecopia EP422 PLUS

got them at costco, they also inflate with Nitrogen which is an added bonus. Not to mention free rotation every 10,000 miles. I believe I also have a 65,000 or 75,000 mile warrenty too.

Funny thing is I ordered the tires online and when I came in they said I had ordered the wrong ones. Turns out while my prius has all of the packages and whatnot it is not a Touring model, its a base. Which was actually good news because the tires I needed where cheaper haha.

Daox 02-22-2016 04:35 PM

Hmm, I haven't heard of the EP422 PLUS. Wonder what they updated...

I had Ecopia EP100 tires on my old Prius that got smashed. Those were wonderful tires.

Xist 02-22-2016 11:31 PM

From reading the first page of this thread, it looks like Plus is the replacement for [base], with additional tread life, and is supposedly good for an additional 20 miles per tank, although people acted like that was a strange claim:

Feedback of Ecopia EP422 plus? | PriusChat

NeilBlanchard 02-23-2016 12:28 PM

The Plus version seems to be the retail version, and I think they are the same but with deeper tread.

rmay635703 02-23-2016 09:09 PM

Actually from most reports the plus version (which is the new version of the ep)

is improved in every way.

I really wish I had gotten tires for the cobalt a year later so I could have the plus version, better traction, better LRR, more durable even lower noise.

Win Win situation, but there are still haters of them.

Many volt folks prefer the ep422 plus over the stock volt LRR tires.

I wish I could find which tire was the lowest like the euro ratings but sadly I don't think we have any A rated LRR tires here in the states.

Cheers
Ryan