EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New member (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-member-1807.html)

Veikra 04-10-2008 10:20 PM

Hello ecomodders,
my name's veikra and I just join. While I do drive non eco turbo awd cars, im planning on building a electric car in the near future. I have a degree in electrical engeneering and doing my bachelor, so building electronic devicse is my specialite. I also rebuild cars as a hobby so i do have enough for the non-electronic stuff.

My projet is a 3 phased 4 pole induction motor and I choose ac for efficiency as my goal is ~120 km range (i rarely travel more than 60 km per day).
I am designing the controller while I investigate my batteries options.
My motor is already choosen and cost ~1600$

The donor car has a .30 drag coefficient, but by lowering it and adding michelin low rolling resistance is should help. Interesting is the fact there is no external door handle on this car model, less work :p. The floor will be removed from the firewall to the rear bumper and rebuilt with batteries in mind, and be as flat as possible.

SVOboy 04-10-2008 10:23 PM

So, what's the name of this mystery donor car, eh?

Welcome to the site, sounds like a great project!

RH77 04-10-2008 10:24 PM

Welcome to EM :)

Do you drive Rally-style cars? If so, what kind?

Enjoy the site...

-RH77

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veikra (Post 18955)
Hello ecomodders,
my name's veikra and I just join. While I do drive non eco turbo awd cars, im planning on building a electric car in the near future. I have a degree in electrical engeneering and doing my bachelor, so building electronic devicse is my specialite. I also rebuild cars as a hobby so i do have enough for the non-electronic stuff.

My projet is a 3 phased 4 pole induction motor and I choose ac for efficiency as my goal is ~120 km range (i rarely travel more than 60 km per day).
I am designing the controller while I investigate my batteries options.
My motor is already choosen and cost ~1600$

The donor car has a .30 drag coefficient, but by lowering it and adding michelin low rolling resistance is should help. Interesting is the fact there is no external door handle on this car model, less work :p. The floor will be removed from the firewall to the rear bumper and rebuilt with batteries in mind, and be as flat as possible.

MetroMPG 04-11-2008 12:00 AM

Hi Veikra -

Welcome to the site. Sounds like your EV is going to be slightly more advanced than mine :D

Daox 04-11-2008 01:47 PM

Sounds like a fun project. Welcome to EM.

Veikra 04-11-2008 06:34 PM

Thank for all the replys. I drive a Isuzu impulse Rs, very rare bird at 800 produced. Lotus suspension and rear wheel steering. Its awd, with visco rear and center diff. It sticks a lot to the road, that's their big feature and the engine got a very wide powerband which makes the car do a lot more with the advailable power.
And you just cant really appreciate that car unless youve driven one. The fwd variant is very nice, but the awd one is a totaly different car dynamic wise.

As for the donor car, i may use an fwd impulse, its so aerodynamic than fully opening the window on the freeway doesnt give you wind :p have to leave it partway to create turbulences. Kinda like the wagonback model as it has 4 rear seats. Ill see. the only thing sure is the ac motor, and custom controller. Im very interested about any of your ev conversion btw.

I do have to make it a notch more high tech in other to get 100km range. I need that regen. Mecanical brakes are such a waste of energy :D