Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi From Sam

Hi Folks. This is a fascinating forum. I have been lurking for awhile. I do not have cars that would be considered typical I suppose. I have a DD 2004 Scion XA for piano tuning. But in a fit of self indulgence I purchased a used BMW convertible, a '97 with 80K miles on it. I confess I drive it a lot. The XA does not get particularly good mileage, I suspect because of the fat tires that came on it as an intro special addition with bright red paint, a special grill, and big alloy wheels.

I also have a 69 Dart which I have played with for 20 years. It has a slant six engine with added fuel injection, and a Ford Mustang 5 speed in it. Those changes were intended to get better mileage but so far it has not been that great When I drove this car as a DD for 12 years I fussed with it until it averaged 24 MPG. The last extended trip I took with it I got 27 MPG but it got as high as 29 with the carb and an OD 4 speed. I expected better with the proper tuning and mileage considerations applied. That is why I am here. I have started adding eccomods to the bottom of the car.I want to know more. This car is a real brick, and I do not wish to change its appearance much. At some point I will post a few photos of what I have done. I have much to learn from your expertise and experience.

Sam

Last edited by Sam Powell; 09-30-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Welcome!

One can Ecomod anything, I think it's more fun to modify something that it wasn't designed for

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the encouragement! I think some folks think I am crazy. I also suspect I will eventually transfer this energy to my XA.

I am delighted to be in touch with like minded car guys.

Sam

Reply  Post New Thread