EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New member! -Chevy Volt/1st gen Honda Insight (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-member-chevy-volt-1st-gen-honda-insight-34068.html)

Regeneration 07-12-2016 08:56 PM

New member! -Chevy Volt/1st gen Honda Insight

Hello! My name is Anthony, and I joined because I remember finding this site long ago while researching alternative fuel vehicles right after I learned about Tesla Motors. I actually have a small company with my mechanic brother where we build and restore small electric and hybrid vehicles.

But the REAL reason I joined, is because I just bought a SPOTLESS Fully loaded 2002 Honda Insight CVT, to replace the 2016 Nissan Versa SV Pure Drive I was renting from Hertz rental cars - it was expensive to rent.

I was renting it because I have a beautifully modded 2013 Chevy Volt SS prototype that got into a very bad accident and I am not sure what is to happen to it yet. Will be getting a new one, or a Spark EV if it's totaled.

So far I have looked at all the efficiency mods, read a few posts, and added those 2 vehicles to my garage along with their last fills. (The Volt's MPG and gallon prices are based of it's electric efficiency/cost as I don't use it's range extender)

Anyways, I got my Insight for only $1,700, and it works flawlessly, even the 14 year old battery still works. The inside is literally brand new, except a few light stains on the white trim of the seats. It had only 1 owner. The outside has 2 small dents, and some clear coat missing on the plastic front bumper. Few scuff marks too. However does not have the OEM Potenza tires, I think I am losing fuel economy. I will be taking it into Honda soon for a full inspection. The car makes a weird whining noise when it's in Drive, and only in Drive. Thought it may be electric motor/controller, or a belt/pulley, but from my knowledge in the field, doesn't seem to be either one.

I will be posting pictures of both cars in a separate reply soon.

Thanks for welcoming me, and if you have any tips/comments for the CVT Insight, I'd like to know. I am very knowledgeable about it, but not as much as I know of the Volt.

mcrews 07-12-2016 09:55 PM

welcome!

Regeneration 07-12-2016 10:55 PM

thanks!

Insight for life 07-12-2016 10:56 PM

Welcome and good to see another ecomodder and insighter in my neck of the woods.

Regeneration 07-12-2016 11:04 PM

Yeah! Hey we should totally meet up sometime!

Insight for life 07-12-2016 11:12 PM

Yeah! Where abouts are you located? I'm in Rancho Cordova

Regeneration 07-12-2016 11:14 PM

LOL I work in Rancho, my job is on Monier Circle by that big white tower off of Sunrise, drive my Insight there everyday. I live in North Highlands down greenback lane, about 12 miles away from there!

(Also, how do I get my vehicle signature like yours?)

Insight for life 07-12-2016 11:59 PM

Nice. Yeah I have probably driven by you. I am usually in my citrust or red insight. Honestly it's been a while so I don't remember exactly how to do it. Try searching on the site .

Regeneration 07-13-2016 12:00 AM

You have 2 insights and they are red and citrus OMFG

Insight for life 07-13-2016 12:04 AM

Lol i am a big insight fan and I buy and sell them periodically. I usually have 2 at once because I am selling one. Anyway I'll see you around town. PM me your number and we'll meet up sometime and talk insight/eco cars.

Baltothewolf 07-13-2016 05:55 AM

Welcome to the forums!

I also own two insights. One of which will have turbo and nitrous soon.

mcrews 07-13-2016 07:04 AM

old home week!!
I use to live about 4 blocks from Jesuit HS in Carmichael for 20 years!! (well, technically, Jesuit is actually in Sacramento)

elhigh 07-20-2016 08:44 AM

^^
Hey, I became a member so I would stop seeing ads.

Are you also Zedbo, by any chance? He was shilling for the same group.