Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Newbie from California

I know some will think right off the bat seeing my on an ecomodder forum and being from California that I am an environmentally conscious liberal who wants to do his part to save the world one gallon at a time.

This could not be farther from the truth.

I am a conservative who thinks global warming is actually a cycle that the world has been on of warming and cooling for millions of years and nothing we do is going to do much to affect that. I do however realize that some day (at our current rate soon) we will exhaust the fossil fuel supplies that the world has to offer. I hope to do my part to delay the inevitable.

I have a background in computers and a basic grasp on electronics and mechanics, but numbers in these areas tend to mean nothing to me without extended thought on the subject. I am hoping to in spite of that fact complete my first electric car by Easter.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Welcome to the site Howser. Everyone has their own reason for doing this.

What kind of car were you thinking of making?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks, both for welcoming me and helping moderate this awesome forum

I am looking to convert an electric vehicle, still trying to decide on the exact car to use as a shell. I am finding that a lot of the surviving Metros and Sprints in this area are automatic transmission, which is giving me a little headache making me wonder about using an early 90's Civic coupe instead. I have been reading a lot of other people's conversions on here and somehow I think I will end up a little like vpoppv's "How not to convert a metro" with hand-me-down batteries and selling off ICE parts to fund the project.

Reply  Post New Thread