EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New Member - Outlander PHEV Owner (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-member-outlander-phev-owner-33365.html)

veemanmot16 01-18-2016 04:31 AM

New Member - Outlander PHEV Owner

Hello, new to the forum, my name's Veejay. I own a Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0L PHEV (GX3h).

veemanmot16 01-18-2016 04:51 AM

New Member - Outlander PHEV Owner

Decided to get a hybrid car admittedly initially as a fuel saving exercise more so for money purposes than the environment. You can get about 150Mpg at a push which is phenomenal compared to my old Jaguar x-types I owned previous. My wife had also suggested we get a family size car so we could go on more outings with the kids.

Daox 01-18-2016 08:32 AM

Welcome to the site veemanmot16. How do you like the new Outlander? What kind of mileage are you getting with it?

veemanmot16 01-18-2016 10:46 PM

New Member - Outlander PHEV Owner Reply:

Sorry mate, but of a typo before and a lack of explanation. The real-world fuel economy is about 50mpg give or take. For city driving you can do just over 30 miles purely on battery power.

veemanmot16 01-18-2016 10:48 PM

New Member - Outlander PHEV Owner Reply:

I'm definitely respecting the manufacturers who are trying to go down the greener route and I was surprised how enjoyable the ride is. I thought driving a hybrid wouldn't give the same buzz as a pure petrol car but although its different, I really enjoy the drive.

veemanmot16 01-18-2016 10:56 PM

I think I'm becoming a bit more of a family man in my old age and starting to leave my youthful obsession with power and petrol behind me.

Nah, am I hell! I made a deal with the wife that if I ditch my Jag for a hybrid, I want a motorcycle that I can ride when we're back in India with the family during the UK summer months. She agreed so I'm currently looking for a Harley Knucklehead with my two brothers. Got a bid on one with an online seller so fingers crossed it doesn't exceed our budget or we will have to look elsewhere. Love the older Harley's, very popular back in India. We'll work on some modding whilst we're all there together.

The Harley will mainly be a project we can work on together as a family and ride here and there. Definitely being converted to eco as far as my everyday ride goes. Wish there were maybe a few less safety notifications as the constant beeping and bleeping from all the different safety features counteract the quietness of the engine. Minor gripe though and at least its keeping my family safe and me aware. I'll be looking at fully electric in a few years if the technology can evolve enough.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 01-19-2016 06:45 PM

The Outlander is the first PHEV officially available here in Brazil, but I haven't seen one yet. I've seen more BMW i8's than any other PHEV here, actually. Anyway, how does the Outlander PHEV performs compared to the other versions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by veemanmot16 (Post 505140)
Love the older Harley's, very popular back in India.

I like the Royal Enfield motorcycles.

Erick 10-08-2019 09:52 PM

Outlander PHEV

Hi. We've bought our '18 Outlander PHEV last December. Firstly, there are Facebook user groups in both Canada and the UK that share their experiences how to get the most out of it. We figured out how to hypermilage it on the long range trips (>300km) on highway down to 6.0L/hkm or about 40 mpg, with only the intial charge. ALWAYS use ECO button. Use B0 regen and take foot off accelerator and coast on down slopes as much as possible. Don't exceed 100kph to 110kph. After using up battery in EV, use the CHRG button to increase battery to about 70% battery, then use EV again, and so on. Always useful to CHRG and have EV for destination city. Never CHRG or SAVE over 70% because it becomes less efficient in fuel to use the generator that way. For better efficiency of EV drive, consider using slower speed secondary roads, because 60-80kph is a real sweet spot. It's ideal car for commuting and for long range. The most EV range I got this summer was 46km. Air temperature plays a role in battery range. It seems that batteries like to be kept cool while charging, but offer longer range when air temperature is warmer. My commute is minimum 52km per day, so the engine comes on before i reach home. With this pattern, I get 2.5L/hkm to 3.5L/hkm which is about 80mpg. I fillup with only 35-40 L of gas every two weeks and get over 1100 km on that fillup. And with only the small 12 kw battery, it only costs $1 or so a night to charge the 8.4 kw portion.

rnjason 10-09-2019 11:17 PM

Welcome to ecomodder community. :)