EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Aerodynamics (https://ecomodder.com/forum/aerodynamics.html)
-   -   *New Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-michelin-stealth-wiper-blades-20345.html)

SwamiSalami 01-30-2012 09:59 PM

*New Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades

Hey guys,

I was just sittin' on my azz when I saw a rad commercial for these new wiper blades.

Anybody else seen these? supposedly they're aerodynamic and low profile. :rolleyes:

Amazon.com: michelin stealth wiper: Automotive

Frank Lee 01-30-2012 10:19 PM

I have some like that. I like them but for my vehicles they are no more aerodynamic.

user removed 01-30-2012 10:28 PM

I use rain x and almost never run the wipers unless I get a lot of road gunk on the windshield. I use it on all the windows, it also helps me see the effects of drafting when in heavy traffic. Watching the little drops start to oscillate then actually stop at 60+ MPH is fascinating, until I look back up the road and;

C-R-A-S-H OOOOO CHIT!

regards
Mech

ConnClark 01-31-2012 12:34 PM

I have a set like that too. They might be more aero but that don't wipe as well at the ends of the blade.

NeilBlanchard 01-31-2012 01:00 PM

I've had a set similar for about 2 (or 3?) years now. They work in ice and snow as well as rain, and that is why they are good.

The aerodynamic drag of windshield wipers (in their resting position) is virtually zero; on most cars anyway.

Sven7 01-31-2012 01:53 PM

Ooh great now I can save $.75 of fuel a year while reducing my visibility!

euromodder 01-31-2012 07:55 PM

A few less hooks and sharp edges - should be better for pedestrian safety should you ever scoop one up.

brucey 01-31-2012 08:37 PM

I have the bosch version (bosch icon's) of this on my car. Complete waste of money, I bought them for the extended lifetime and don't get any longer lifetime than a normal winter blade. They do seem to wipe slightly better, but not worth the 5x price that they usually carry.

jakobnev 02-01-2012 07:13 AM

The eco friendly product to have would be replacement rubber strips, the metal parts can last the lifetime of the car really, it's a silly waste to replace the whole thing.

On my dads old S-class where a new blade cost $100 we bought a $3 generic of the same length and switched the new rubber over. Worked fine.

mcguire 02-03-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobnev (Post 283879)
The eco friendly product to have would be replacement rubber strips, the metal parts can last the lifetime of the car really, it's a silly waste to replace the whole thing.

Does anyone remember the good ol' days when you could walk into a car parts store and buy replacement rubber inserts? I haven't seen them in years.

(Am I a crotchety old man yet?)