Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Silver - '15 Mazda CX-5 Sport
Team Mazda
90 day: 37.23 mpg (US)
wheel covers almost as good as staying out of the rain

We were complaining about mileage drop in rain vs dry earlier (went down below 37 mpg in rain). With my covers off in dry I was exactly 37 mpg on the same route. I can see 41+ on warmer days in the dry with covers on. Iwas trying to maintain 70 mph in the last attempt over the whole 180 mile trip. Attempts at ABA testing have been fruitless so far because my mpg gauge refreshes every two seconds. Its hard to tell if the refresh is the same mpg as previous so sometimes it 4 or six seconds after I pass the end point and then its something different. I have a couple routes scoped out for testing but they are too busy often to get good clean runs. I just got a scangauge II fired up but its wildly different on its readings for mpg than the oem gauge. I'd like to do some runs while I'm have the covers off since I need to clean the brake dust and salt off of the wheels. The cold took its toll on another ziptie too.

Mirror deletes, 80% grill blocks, wheel covers, 50 psi tires = 6% better MPG avg. over a year. Wheel skirts overcoming ethanol winter fuel mpg losses and more!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ead-30641.html

Last edited by kafer65; 01-21-2015 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: Cleaned up hurried input and added info
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread