EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New from Redding, CA. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-redding-ca-14980.html)

Rustin 10-26-2010 11:38 PM

New from Redding, CA.

HI ECOMODDERS!

As the title says, I am from Redding California. It is not a bad city to live in. We have mountain scenery, lakes, trails, good people, and no jobs! We have a 12% unemployment rate. I am a non-active U.S.MARINE 1994-98. I was a 3rd Echelon Diesel Tech, had way to much fun then! I have had many jobs and few careers. So I am currently a full time student a Shasta College in the Diesel Technology field, with nine units from my A/S degree. My main focus has been emissions, alternative fuels, and performance (3.45 gpa). I have brewed my own bio-diesel with a home made appleseed processor. We stopped production, because We use a water wash and poor drying methods, so we had issues with the sending unit oxidizing and algae in the tank.
My current project is an early 1999 Ford F-250 SuperDuty XLT king cab, rear wheel drive, ZF-6 M/T. Powered with a 7.3l Powersroke Diesel (Navistar T444E for the purists). We use it to haul horses, hay, and daly driving. it might see a dirt road. but never the off road.

My Goal: Near 390 Horse power, with consistent 24 MPG! I have been laughed at by my local friends, diesel shops, and some out side of the area from other forums. Mostly because I want my cake and eat it too. I cant have 390hp and 24mpg with a Ford. I so want to accomplish this! No modifications right now but, they are on the way. I am starting with the fuel system.
I am glad this forum exists! Dave Whitmer sent me here! So I am here to learn and help out if possible!
Thank you!
Rustin Hawver

Rustin 10-27-2010 04:25 PM

Do I hear crickets? ... ... ... ...

Daox 10-27-2010 04:43 PM

Some intros slip through the cracks. :) Welcome to the site.

What plans for the fuel system?

Mustang Dave 10-27-2010 08:19 PM

Welcome aboard, Rustin!
It's an interesting coincidence that Dave Whitmer sent you here. I joined ecomodder.com shortly after reading one of his posts here. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from him on another forum that I used to visit daily.
This forum is dedicated to a much more diverse group of vehicles.

Rustin 10-27-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 201084)
Some intros slip through the cracks. :) Welcome to the site.

What plans for the fuel system?

Thanks for commenting!
My plans are to open up the fuel system. Basically get rid of restrictions. I am going to install a air separator filtration system. Then go from there. since it is a diesel and HEUI injection system (Hydraulically actuated, Electronically controlled, Unit, Injection) I have looked into a few things I am going to try. Then I willl do some exterior moddifications. I have decided to not change the gearing. since my MPG goal is small. Tho for this typ of power-plant it is quite a huge feat to conquer.

Rustin 10-27-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 201130)
Welcome aboard, Rustin!
It's an interesting coincidence that Dave Whitmer sent you here. I joined ecomodder.com shortly after reading one of his posts here. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from him on another forum that I used to visit daily.
This forum is dedicated to a much more diverse group of vehicles.

I first met dave on PowerStroke Nation. I read a few posts that he has made, then contacted him. He has yet to answer my second response? :mad:
Other then that he was helpful in letting me know about this forum! :thumbup:

Mustang Dave 10-28-2010 08:37 PM

I "met" Dave at ford-diesel.com, which became thedieselstop.com after FoMoCo made the site owner change the name. Dave's screen name here on ecomodder.com is "Big Dave". I recognized his truck in his avatar.
You'd probably get a reply from him if you "PM"'d him here.

Weather Spotter 10-28-2010 09:16 PM

Have you looked at our wiki of mods?
Car MPG Efficiency Modifications Main - EcoModder

Rustin 10-30-2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Spotter (Post 201414)
Have you looked at our wiki of mods?

I just did, thanks for the link!

Weather Spotter 10-30-2010 09:12 AM

Your welcome! We have been working to make that a gathering place for mode and related info. I like to give the link because most people miss the link at the top of the page.