EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New from Redding, CA. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-redding-ca-14980.html)

Rustin 10-26-2010 11:38 PM

New from Redding, CA.

HI ECOMODDERS!

As the title says, I am from Redding California. It is not a bad city to live in. We have mountain scenery, lakes, trails, good people, and no jobs! We have a 12% unemployment rate. I am a non-active U.S.MARINE 1994-98. I was a 3rd Echelon Diesel Tech, had way to much fun then! I have had many jobs and few careers. So I am currently a full time student a Shasta College in the Diesel Technology field, with nine units from my A/S degree. My main focus has been emissions, alternative fuels, and performance (3.45 gpa). I have brewed my own bio-diesel with a home made appleseed processor. We stopped production, because We use a water wash and poor drying methods, so we had issues with the sending unit oxidizing and algae in the tank.
My current project is an early 1999 Ford F-250 SuperDuty XLT king cab, rear wheel drive, ZF-6 M/T. Powered with a 7.3l Powersroke Diesel (Navistar T444E for the purists). We use it to haul horses, hay, and daly driving. it might see a dirt road. but never the off road.

My Goal: Near 390 Horse power, with consistent 24 MPG! I have been laughed at by my local friends, diesel shops, and some out side of the area from other forums. Mostly because I want my cake and eat it too. I cant have 390hp and 24mpg with a Ford. I so want to accomplish this! No modifications right now but, they are on the way. I am starting with the fuel system.
I am glad this forum exists! Dave Whitmer sent me here! So I am here to learn and help out if possible!
Thank you!
Rustin Hawver

Rustin 10-27-2010 04:25 PM

Do I hear crickets? ... ... ... ...

Daox 10-27-2010 04:43 PM

Some intros slip through the cracks. :) Welcome to the site.

What plans for the fuel system?

Mustang Dave 10-27-2010 08:19 PM

Welcome aboard, Rustin!
It's an interesting coincidence that Dave Whitmer sent you here. I joined ecomodder.com shortly after reading one of his posts here. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from him on another forum that I used to visit daily.
This forum is dedicated to a much more diverse group of vehicles.

Rustin 10-27-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 201084)
Some intros slip through the cracks. :) Welcome to the site.

What plans for the fuel system?

Thanks for commenting!
My plans are to open up the fuel system. Basically get rid of restrictions. I am going to install a air separator filtration system. Then go from there. since it is a diesel and HEUI injection system (Hydraulically actuated, Electronically controlled, Unit, Injection) I have looked into a few things I am going to try. Then I willl do some exterior moddifications. I have decided to not change the gearing. since my MPG goal is small. Tho for this typ of power-plant it is quite a huge feat to conquer.

Rustin 10-27-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang Dave (Post 201130)
Welcome aboard, Rustin!
It's an interesting coincidence that Dave Whitmer sent you here. I joined ecomodder.com shortly after reading one of his posts here. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from him on another forum that I used to visit daily.
This forum is dedicated to a much more diverse group of vehicles.

I first met dave on PowerStroke Nation. I read a few posts that he has made, then contacted him. He has yet to answer my second response? :mad:
Other then that he was helpful in letting me know about this forum! :thumbup:

Mustang Dave 10-28-2010 08:37 PM

I "met" Dave at ford-diesel.com, which became thedieselstop.com after FoMoCo made the site owner change the name. Dave's screen name here on ecomodder.com is "Big Dave". I recognized his truck in his avatar.
You'd probably get a reply from him if you "PM"'d him here.

Weather Spotter 10-28-2010 09:16 PM

Have you looked at our wiki of mods?
Car MPG Efficiency Modifications Main - EcoModder

Rustin 10-30-2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Spotter (Post 201414)
Have you looked at our wiki of mods?

I just did, thanks for the link!

Weather Spotter 10-30-2010 09:12 AM

Your welcome! We have been working to make that a gathering place for mode and related info. I like to give the link because most people miss the link at the top of the page.

Rustin 11-01-2010 02:46 AM

Am I having issues not understanding the format? I was looking for some vehicle specific Ecomods. Any help? Thank you.

Weather Spotter 11-01-2010 09:51 AM

Ok let me try to help. The idea with the wiki is to gather user data and threads about mods they have made.
The fomat loosely follows the 65+ mods page (look at the top of any em page for the link).
So it goes like this:
Aerodinamic mods
Engine mods
Drivetrain mods
Etc

Each group has mods that relate to that section. Each mod page has a format that goes like this:
Generic mod discription
Generic how to (not in depth)
User experiences
Problems with mod
Links to EM threads
Links to other info on topic

To find mods that will work for your car, they all will :) but we only have how to's and data from 3% of users. To find your car (might not be there) that you will need to look through all the mods.

Hope that helps.
What car are u looking for?

Rustin 11-04-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weather Spotter (Post 201971)
Ok let me try to help. The idea with the wiki is to gather user data and threads about mods they have made.
The fomat loosely follows the 65+ mods page (look at the top of any em page for the link).
So it goes like this:
Aerodinamic mods
Engine mods
Drivetrain mods
Etc

Each group has mods that relate to that section. Each mod page has a format that goes like this:
Generic mod discription
Generic how to (not in depth)
User experiences
Problems with mod
Links to EM threads
Links to other info on topic

To find mods that will work for your car, they all will :) but we only have how to's and data from 3% of users. To find your car (might not be there) that you will need to look through all the mods.

Hope that helps.
What car are u looking for?

I guess I would have to look in the trucks area. for what I am doing with my Ford Superduty.

Weather Spotter 11-04-2010 06:24 PM

These mods are not vehicular type specific. They are not sorted by any type. Some mods are easily identified as for trucks but most will work on all vehicles.

Take some time and look through the list, you might be surprised at what will work for your truck :)