EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Instrumentation (https://ecomodder.com/forum/instrumentation.html)
-   -   new scangauge user question (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-scangauge-user-question-16262.html)

1216bandit 02-27-2011 12:41 PM

new scangauge user question

I just got my scangauge the other day and hooked it up to my gas guzzling 96 silverado with a 5.7 engine, then today used it on my 2.2 litre sunfire. Boy does it ever take a wack of fuel to get that truck moving from a dead stop!! Anyhow, the truck is not my daily driver and is used mostly for towing, so it wasnt bought for economy.
On to the question...when I switched the unit over to the sunfire, I reset it to the defaults and went through the setup again. Took a ride into town and shut the car off for about 20 minutes and when I re-started it the avg gauge was now showing 0. Should the avg gauge not hold its memory, or does it reset to 0 whenever its shut off? It seems to me that when I had it in the truck the avg gauge memory was held, but I could be wrong.
I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I get into this more.
Thanx!...Dan

SentraSE-R 02-27-2011 04:14 PM

The AVG gauge resets to zero after the ignition is off for a set period of time - either 90 seconds or 3 minutes. That's because AVG is your current trip mpg, and the developers of the SG set it up to reset your trip mpg, distance, and fuel consumed after an engine shutdown.

The SG still maintains day and tank parameters in memory, but current trip parameters disappear. The SG's competition, the Ultra-gauge, takes the opposite tack, and maintains trip parameters until the user resets the trip.

camopaint0707 02-27-2011 10:16 PM

compare the gph at idle for the silverado vs the sunfire. Its immense.

1216bandit 02-28-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 222562)
The AVG gauge resets to zero after the ignition is off for a set period of time - either 90 seconds or 3 minutes. That's because AVG is your current trip mpg, and the developers of the SG set it up to reset your trip mpg, distance, and fuel consumed after an engine shutdown.

The SG still maintains day and tank parameters in memory, but current trip parameters disappear. The SG's competition, the Ultra-gauge, takes the opposite tack, and maintains trip parameters until the user resets the trip.

Thanx! Based on this I took the avg trip value and have it displayed as an xgauge

DonR 02-28-2011 11:57 AM

Clock setting

One thing to look for is the clock settings being erased. Myself & someone else here had noticed that the clock would read 12:00 after a while on our GM trucks. It would only due it some times. I think it had something weird to do if the radio was left on or not. I have taken to leaving my radio on when the vehicle was turned off. It seemed to have "solved" the problem. I don't know if it will affect your other GM product or not.

Don