EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New to the site (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-site-13562.html)

Gas-x 06-14-2010 05:09 PM

New to the site

Hi new here I drive a 2006 chevy Aveo 5 spd sedan,oh and it's spicy orange! I am on another site as hammsaveo. I am looking for some cheap mods I can do to my car for max mpg! By cheap I mean I have it laying around and can make it work. I am in the process of saving some cash for a scan guage and I was wondering about any engine mods I can do to help mpg.I have a k&n air filter mainly for lack of maintanence when I was driving 145 mi per day. Is there any cheap warm air intake mod or anything to help me out?:D

Gas-x 06-15-2010 09:39 AM

Btw, My car carrys a badge that is important to me and that is the Drive Easy Conserve sticker! It reminds me to do just that !

Daox 06-15-2010 09:47 AM

Welcome to EM. Good to see ya over here.

WAI's effect different engines in different ways. You'd have to do some testing to see weather the Aveo likes it or not.

I would definitely air up your tires to max sidewall. I'd also look into doing an upper grill block with whatever materials you can get your hands on.

Other than that, driving technique has a much larger effect on mileage than almost any mod, so its always an area to look at.

MetroMPG 06-15-2010 09:55 AM

Welcome, Gas-x :D

Tim's on the money with the initial recommendations.

Instrumentation is key for adjusting the nut behind the wheel (though your bumper sticker helps!). If you can't afford the ScanGauge, the MPGuino is another option if you're comfortable tracing/splicing wires.

Gas-x 06-15-2010 10:47 AM

I am going to get a scan guage when I can. I want to see how i'm doing at any given moment and when I get some cash it will be installed! I have my tires up to 44 psi already which is max sidewall. I am wondering about the grill block? For the upper as Daox stated, What will this do to my temp at highway speeds? I know there is more air coming in to the radiator at the bottom of the front of the car as well. You have one of these now... would you completely block the upper grill?

MetroMPG 06-29-2010 05:06 PM

You're probably OK to block the upper. But it depends what kind of driving you do. Don't take some guy on the Internet's word for it! :D You need to watch your temp gauge and listen for the cooling fan.

Also how many miles on your car? Hope you've done your timing belt replacement if it's due (they tend to snap and wreck valves in Aveos after ~55k miles).

Feel free to add your car to the garage too: Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

Laurentiu 07-25-2010 07:29 AM

Stickers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas-x (Post 179077)
Btw, My car carrys a badge that is important to me and that is the Drive Easy Conserve sticker! It reminds me to do just that !

I also have those stickers on :thumbup:

:turtle::turtle::turtle: