Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

2005 Civic - '05 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
New Member RdanW

Good Sunday morning everyone! I happened across your message board after looking for information on fuel economy for my 2005 Honda Civic. I recently (as in very recently) turned in my 2001 Chevy Blazer 4wd because I made a promise to myself and family that.... " I swear if I see gas go to $4.00 a gallon or I spend more than 200/week on gas for all my running around, I'll turn the &$^#%$ thing in..." Well, 2 weeks ago it happened, both circumstances in the same week. Gas went to $4.00 a gallon here in the midwest and I was doing some heavy running around that week for work and personal and noticed when I looked at my gas receipts, I topped 207 bucks. Time to put my money where my mouth is. I liked the look of the civic so I am not going to lie and say I bought it for Fuel economy---->Looks|... it was more the other way around.
Fast forward about a week and I find that I am getting one hell of a kick out of traveling 100 miles and not seeing my needle move. So I started looking into how can I get even better mileage/ fuel economy...... and so I ended up here. I have seen a few of things that I do are listed here, dropping into neutral, planning ahead so I don't need to stop, etc etc. I actually am starting to enjoy it and make a game out of it when I drive. Even if I never post another thing on here, I'll say thanks right now for the piece of mind that I'm not the only one that plays these games, and thanks to everyone for their information.

One-liner of me:
30ish web guy, family of 3 in the midwest.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
What part of the midwest are you from? I think we should have a little meet up in KC when i'm out that way this summer!

Welcome to ecomodder! Have you picked up a scangauge for yourself yet? That's the tool you really need!

Reply  Post New Thread