EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New user sayin Hi (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-user-sayin-hi-28787.html)

Jay-Rod 04-24-2014 12:14 AM

New user sayin Hi

Hey Ladies and Gents. Been a fan of the site for awhile and I finally decided I would join up and learn some stuff. Currently live in Wa state, drivin a 91 Civic LX with wipers removed, tires at 45 psi and antenna down (I use my phone for music/radio on longer trips, I don't listen to it on short city jaunts).Last tank of gas was ARCO (cheapest in town and down the street) at 37.3 mpg, got 411 miles to about 11 gallons. My intentions for the not so distant future are to add a vacuum gauge, grill block, mirror and antenna delete, and wheel skirts. Thanks for the stuff you guys have put out already and I hope to hit 40+ mpgs soon.

NachtRitter 04-24-2014 01:22 AM

Welcome, and congrats on the great FE. When you have a chance, post some pics of your ride and start a fuel log!

Jay-Rod 04-24-2014 01:30 AM

Already on it buddy. I'll likely post pics tomorrow depending on weather.

ecoTex 04-24-2014 07:00 AM

The best Mod I made is the MPGuino. It makes driving more like a game or experiment. The vacuum gauge is good but the "Guido" tells you, real-time, what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. Welcome!

digital rules 04-24-2014 07:16 AM

Welcome Jay-Rod, you can easily top 40 MPG with the fuel stingy Civic. Shifting the manual at the right time will make more difference than anything else you do. Keep the RPM's below 2200 when accelerating & run in the highest gear possible. You should be in 5th gear by 35 MPH most all of the time.

Good luck!!

elhigh 04-24-2014 09:19 AM

Welcome Jay-Rod.

Old school rides are the best. I had a '78 Civic and wouldn't mind having it back. You'll crack 40 in no time, you're nearly there now.

The LX' added length in the trunk means you could add a small boattail extension over the rear window if you so desired, without actually adding any length to the car.

Daox 04-24-2014 01:43 PM

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you're doing pretty good already.

mcrews 04-24-2014 01:45 PM

welcome!!

Take those tires to 40+psi!!!

snakester 05-01-2014 04:29 PM

I used to have a 92 LX. Best car ever. Had over 210,000 miles on it but I didn't take good care of it. You could say I killed it. It was getting 41-42 mpg consistently before I sold it for $200 bucks.

Jay-Rod 05-01-2014 06:32 PM

I don't think you can use the an MPGuido with an OBD-0 car, can you? If ya can I would much rather go that route. The only reason I was gonna use a vacuum gauge is the ease of install, low cost and bein OBD-0. Also, my tires are up to 47 psi, which is 3 psi above sidewall pressure. I would go higher, but they're older tires but still have good tread aaand I have no job right now, so I can't afford new ones. But ya, these older civic are awesome, this is my 3rd fourth generation civic and I always end up kickin myself in the ass after I sell one.