EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   New York Yaris (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/new-york-yaris-12690.html)

ranterc 03-21-2010 09:36 PM

New York Yaris

i've been a member for a little bit now ..but i've never really posted (atleast i dont remember ever posting)..

found out about this site from Daox.. has a build page for his paseo on TO.com .. and followed it here..

have a 92 corolla that i tried to get better mpg's out of , but that wasnt much of a succues , i think that the motor as reliable as it has been to me as far as getting me where ever i wanted to go was just a littl too tired and worn to get anything great out of mpg's ..so that has turned into a project of differnt sorts ..

Now i beleive i have gotten myself a better platform as far as ecomodding goes.. a 2009 yaris , with only 4800 miles on it.. i'd say its barleybroken in..

i just got it today (3/21/10) and it had already 3/4 tank of gas.. i'll start keeping logs of mpg's on the next fill up.. 90% of my driving is city .. so i'd be happy starting off with something in the high 20's

wanted the manual tranny , so that i would be easier to manage mpgs but had to get the auto as the wife will also be using it , and she has absolutly no interest in learningto drive a manual tranny....

anyways i've got plenty of researching to do on this site..

just a coulple of pics ..

seems i cant post pics until i reach 5 posts .. oh well, that maybe a while since i dont really post much.. but its ok , i suppost you all know what a 2009 yaris looks like:D

Thymeclock 03-21-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranterc (Post 167102)
i've been a member for a little bit now ..but i've never really posted (atleast i dont remember ever posting)..

found out about this site from Daox.. has a build page for his paseo on TO.com .. and followed it here..

have a 92 corolla that i tried to get better mpg's out of , but that wasnt much of a succues , i think that the motor as reliable as it has been to me as far as getting me where ever i wanted to go was just a littl too tired and worn to get anything great out of mpg's ..so that has turned into a project of differnt sorts ..

Now i beleive i have gotten myself a better platform as far as ecomodding goes.. a 2009 yaris , with only 4800 miles on it.. i'd say its barleybroken in..

i just got it today (3/21/10) and it had already 3/4 tank of gas.. i'll start keeping logs of mpg's on the next fill up.. 90% of my driving is city .. so i'd be happy starting off with something in the high 20's

wanted the manual tranny , so that i would be easier to manage mpgs but had to get the auto as the wife will also be using it , and she has absolutly no interest in learningto drive a manual tranny....

anyways i've got plenty of researching to do on this site..

just a coulple of pics ..

seems i cant post pics until i reach 5 posts .. oh well, that maybe a while since i dont really post much.. but its ok , i suppost you all know what a 2009 yaris looks like:D

Hi,

We live nearby in the same metro area (Queens-Nassau) and I recently bought a new '09 Aveo5 with A/T. A principal reason that we bought an Aveo instead (it is essentially my wife's car) is because we hated the interior of the Yaris and we like the Aveo's interior much more. (In comparison the ride and the handling were quite similar in both.)

I would really like to know what FE you actually get in all-city driving. Due to the transmission programming our Aveo only gets 22 MPG (in all-city use) no matter how we drive it. The disappointing city FE is the only thing we really dislike about it.

Daox 03-22-2010 08:22 AM

Welcome to the site Ranterc. Good to see you over here. :)

Pump up those tires and see what you can get outta the Yaris. Its a pretty capable car for getting good mileage.

ranterc 03-22-2010 03:52 PM

@Thymeclock..
i agree , the yaris interior is not my favorite(and by that i only mean the centerd guages , everything else is fine) .. i almost got the versa only because of the dash, alot more traditional in terms of layout but.. Toyotas have been very good to me as far as reliability so my previous history with them made me decide that i could live with the interior.. i dont "hate it" quite like you do tho ..lol. after only a day of driving its actually growing on me .. everything esle i'm very satisfied with so far..i am keeping track already with the existing aprox 3/4 tank that came with it..just to get an idea.. but i'll post up regular numbers once i get to my first fill up..

@Daox , thanks for the welcom.. that would be the first thing that i'll be doing , but i'd like to leave them at teh recommended psi for the first fill up , then up it for the second , just for a comparison..
going to give it an oil change , so i'm going research that to see if theres any benefit in one over another..
also want to start working on a lower grill block , and maybe smoothing out the area where foglights would have went if i had foglights..

SVOboy 03-22-2010 03:58 PM

Welcome to the site, :thumbup: