EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Newbee with hydrogen kit (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newbee-hydrogen-kit-2572.html)

mechanic999 05-26-2008 02:39 PM

Newbee with hydrogen kit

I instal HHO generator kit about week ago. Injecting HHO to air intake but my car is acting funny.

Yesterday, i did not press gas pedal, the car went to 45mile /hour by it self and down hill 55mile/hour, take moderate hill without hitting gas pedal also.

Gas guage act funny, if i let car sit while, it go above full, jumbing around, etc.

MMM, i beieve i am saving gas with HHO come from water for sure but everythings is funny. funnyiest things i did yesterday was on highway i let my feet rest on door panel:) I am not sure how to drive the for max gas saving.

Let me know,if you have first hand info on hydrogen generator kit.

TheDon 05-26-2008 02:54 PM

I want to say hydrogen generators are a scam.

mechanic999 05-26-2008 03:24 PM

on what basis you think that scam

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 28641)
I want to say hydrogen generators are a scam.

Did you try the kit or you think the kit is scam? At least, i have kit instal and generating hho. Just have hard time seeing actual fuel saving. Becouse i have probrem with fuel guage and tank before instal kit.

I see more power to car(it gose to 45-55miles/hour by it self) so if i open throttle cars go fast. But fuel saving is hard to see.

I am mechanic 2-3 years experience so i am looking for someone at least understand theory of this technology.

If it is scam, why it is? That what i am looking for forum like this.

Daox 05-26-2008 03:31 PM

It sounds like you need to get your car running right before your even going to be able to tell if your seeing any gains or not. This would be my recommendation. I am somewhat familiar with the theory of operation on these devices.

mechanic999 05-26-2008 03:45 PM

Thanks, but i do not want drop fuel tank to change guage on fuel pump and possible change tank for Ford tauras94 at this moment. But i keep experient with the devise.

I hope i find way to make my car run on only HHo come from water, some modification shop make car run on propane so why not hydrogen.

I will let you know but if you know theory on hydrogen kit let me know.

Daox 05-26-2008 05:31 PM

If the odometer is working I guess you can forget the gas gauge since you can still get miles traveled and divide by gallons filled. However, I'm personally leary of believing anything done to a car is beneficial since that car isn't working properly in the first place.

NeilBlanchard 05-26-2008 09:17 PM

Hello,

Electrolysis is not very efficient -- it takes a lot more energy to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen.

Sooooo, how can an alternator that is being driven by a engine be gaining any energy? The laws of physics say it must be using more energy to produce the hydrogen, than can be gotten by burning the hydrogen.

One can use (unoxydized**) aluminum to split water -- you end up with hydrogen and aluminum oxide, and this could be used to power a car. But then you have to re-smelt the aluminum, which takes a fair bit of power -- more than you got out.

** Apparently, if you coat the aluminum pellets with gallium, it prevents them from starting to oxidize, and it does not interfere with the reaction with water -- and you can recover it before re-smelting the aluminum. I heard this on Talk of the Nation Science Friday, from a professor at Purdue University, IIRC.

capoed84 05-26-2008 09:40 PM

I like the possibilities of hydrogen, especially since it is so abundant but getting enough of it to be able to run hydrogen-only is a problem. I heard that the most efficient commercial electrolysis hydrogen generator is only 60% efficient - it would take too much energy and too much time to get a usable amount. Then there's the problem of compressing it and storing it to take it mobile. I think you'd need a 10,000 lb tank for decent range (big and $$$). This equipment isn't cheap.

Chris D. 05-26-2008 09:46 PM

I smell a China scam..

mechanic999 05-26-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard (Post 28720)
Hello,

Electrolysis is not very efficient -- it takes a lot more energy to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen.

Sooooo, how can an alternator that is being driven by a engine be gaining any energy? The laws of physics say it must be using more energy to produce the hydrogen, than can be gotten by burning the hydrogen.

One can use (unoxydized**) aluminum to split water -- you end up with hydrogen and aluminum oxide, and this could be used to power a car. But then you have to re-smelt the aluminum, which takes a fair bit of power -- more than you got out.

** Apparently, if you coat the aluminum pellets with gallium, it prevents them from starting to oxidize, and it does not interfere with the reaction with water -- and you can recover it before re-smelting the aluminum. I heard this on Talk of the Nation Science Friday, from a professor at Purdue University, IIRC.

MMM, I am not scientist, just mechanic so not quiet sure how much energy coming out or rquire to do the job. But I can give simple fact, this particlure kit is very simple design and you can look at one at my web
http://mechanic991.wetpaint.com to begin with.

Fact, I grounded one terminal and other to accessary fuse(10 amp) so devise operate when ignition is on. The devise drow about 3 amp, i can put on positive terminal for immediate HHO production, but i choose fuse cos i do not want HHO coming out while car is not on.

The alternator is just devise recharging battery and 3 amp extra won,t strain it for sure. Like, adding stereo system on car.

HHO come out second after i put key to accessary position and seems not too much effort to generate HHO.

My car got great kick for sure, so update me with your opinion.

In addition, forum adminstration drop me a line say that i better move to forum to debate things, so that i gonna do.