EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Newbie on A3 Gas 1.8 Sport version 98 (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newbie-a3-gas-1-8-sport-version-98-a-34520.html)

msramalho 11-08-2016 04:50 PM

Newbie on A3 Gas 1.8 Sport version 98

Hi,

I'm from portugal and I just got my first car from my grandfather. I love the car but it has consumption of 9l/100km of gas.
I would like to get an mpguino working to improve my driving skills and reduce at least to 8.5l/100km.

Thanks

Olá,

Acabei de recerber o meu primeiro carro, herdado do meu avô. Eu sempre gostei muito deste carro mas o consumo é brutal (9l/100km).
Para começar gostave de instalar um mpguino para melhorar a minha condução e atingir 8.5l/100km.

Obrigado pelo vosso tempo

johnny77 11-13-2016 07:31 PM

That sounds a bit low but you have found a great place to start.

msramalho 11-14-2016 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny77 (Post 527023)
That sounds a bit low but you have found a great place to start.

Do you mean it is an unreachable goal?

thanks

johnny77 11-14-2016 10:27 PM

Absolutely not the lower the mpg/ higher L per100k is the more a small change will help your budget. What i was saying is the fuel consumption seams high for the type vehicle type and displacement.
Question 1 is the fuel being used made from cane sugar or refined crude oil it does make a big difference.
Question 2 Next do you drive in the city or country?
Question 3 is the car in good condion?

msramalho 11-15-2016 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny77 (Post 527088)
Absolutely not the lower the mpg/ higher L per100k is the more a small change will help your budget. What i was saying is the fuel consumption seams high for the type vehicle type and displacement.
Question 1 is the fuel being used made from cane sugar or refined crude oil it does make a big difference.
Question 2 Next do you drive in the city or country?
Question 3 is the car in good condion?

First of all, thank you for your time.
1) I use normal gas from bp, galp, repsol. I do not even know where to buy biodiesel or made from cane sugar.
2) Only City :(
3) The car is old but it is in great condition. It was always in my family, bought new with 0 miles. It always had high mpg's, even in the day the first owner bought it (my mom).

4) My grandfather said the best he could do was 8l/100km in the highways. Keeping the speed at 120 km or under that. I do notice that it goes to around 3800 rpm at that speedboat since the redline starts at 6500 does not seem a problem.
Although I will point that out to the mechanic next time I go there.

johnny77 11-15-2016 10:10 AM

I want you to try some thing drive the car like it was a bike for 1 week. Coast to the stop leave stops at slower speed thing like that and tell me your l/100km. Imagine you gas pedal is broken and only goes 1/4 the distance it can now, and imagine your brakes are failing drive like both the condition are happening at the same time. Drivers are 35% of a vehicles over all efficiency.

msramalho 11-15-2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny77 (Post 527121)
I want you to try some thing drive the car like it was a bike for 1 week. Coast to the stop leave stops at slower speed thing like that and tell me your l/100km. Imagine you gas pedal is broken and only goes 1/4 the distance it can now, and imagine your brakes are failing drive like both the condition are happening at the same time. Drivers are 35% of a vehicles over all efficiency.

Thanks very much for the advices. I do believe so XD
I also need to understand how to install the mpgduino to get better understanding of fuel consumption.