EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Newbie Fuel Economy lover here :) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newbie-fuel-economy-lover-here-568.html)

evedder 01-07-2008 12:18 PM

Newbie Fuel Economy lover here :)

Hey, I've been lurking around this forum for about 2 months now, and finally decided to sign up for an account. Honestly I drive an F150 right now so most of you probably hate me. I promise myself though that my next car will be one of the more fuel efficient automobiles out there :)

Daox 01-07-2008 12:24 PM

Welcome to the site.

Some people need trucks, most don't. If you don't, thats when your wasting fuel. Not to mention driving up the costs for the rest of us and polluting more than need be. In any case, you can do things to eek more mileage out of whatever you drive from semis to the ever popular Metro. Start up a mileage log and lets see what can be done!

MetroMPG 01-07-2008 12:53 PM

If you need what you've got, you've gotta work with what you have. :)

Welcome to the site.

Lazarus 01-07-2008 03:24 PM

Welcome to the site. Just by being here your adventure has begun. Don't forget to fill out the garage info to help keep track of your mileage and improvements. What's the commute like?

SVOboy 01-07-2008 04:59 PM

Work with what you got eh! They bug we'll bite and then everything will change, :p

Welcome!

DifferentPointofView 01-07-2008 09:31 PM

hey, your not the only one with a vehicle that size :D welcome to the site. If your like me, your town (or village in my case) has 40% paved roads and the rest are mud, gravel, dirt, or grass. On my way to school I hit potholes that all my friends in their fancy sports cars scrap on, and the cobblestone is a killer. I just drive right over them doing 35. Nothing has happened to the tires at all yet, but.. it is a Jeep. My friend who drives a metro has popped 3 tires. expensive in the long run? I wonder who saves more, me on my tires or him on his gas :p

metroschultz 01-08-2008 10:53 AM

Him on his gas, I can buy new 12" tires for $16.95 all day long.
GoodYear, not some offthewall krap.
But I work in the Business.
lurk lurk lurk

DifferentPointofView 04-16-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

GoodYear, not some offthewall krap.
But I work in the Business.
Mind in lending me a hand? :D

cfg83 04-17-2008 01:51 AM

evedder -

Welcome to EM! I used to want a Jeep Comanche back in the late 1980's, but I didn't have any money back then. There's plenty of big trucks getting great MPG here.

Think of it this way. When you have a lower starting MPG, a % improvement will be more measurable. This way, with good testing practices, you will be in a better position to "prove the mod" than others.

Also, you could set aside the money you save at the pump and put it into your "future MPG car" fund, :D .

CarloSW2

DifferentPointofView 04-17-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Also, you could set aside the money you save at the pump and put it into your "future MPG car" fund, :D .
Eh, I wish that would happen. But I think total I have about a little under 2 bucks saved in the pokemon-tin-can car fund can in my Jeep. You think it would but... nope. Not with the price of everything else going up. food and the like.

dremd 04-18-2008 10:05 AM

Welcome to the Forum!

I'd only hate you if you told me that you had never had anything in the bed + had never towed anything either.

Check out the thread about aero truck caps.