EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Newbie here (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newbie-here-2493.html)

Z28WTW 05-22-2008 05:47 PM

Newbie here

I am new to this site. My name is Wesley. I drive a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid. I am really excited about squeezing as much as I can out of this thing as far as economy goes. I have already taken the mud flaps and the front plate mount off my car and added some tire pressure. I'll let you guys know how that works out. Lata

SVOboy 05-22-2008 05:50 PM

Welcome to ecomodder! Be sure to fill out a fuel log so that we can track your progress, :)

What kinda of baseline do you have?

Z28WTW 05-22-2008 07:00 PM

I just thought I would let you know that my hotmail e-mail worked when I registerd. I don't know if you guys had issues with them in the past or not. I got my registration e-mail and my PM alert both with hotmail. Just thought I would keep you posted.

I plan on the fuel log and will keep track.

cfg83 05-22-2008 07:23 PM

Z28WTW -

Welcome to EM! You have the right car for the job. I thought it was going to be a Z28 from your handle, but the Civic will do quite nicely.

CarloSW2

MetroMPG 05-22-2008 11:33 PM

Hi Z28 - welcome.

Thanks for the note about your Hotmail account also. Some Yahoo/Hotmail users weren't getting the account confirmation/activation message for some reason.

Z28WTW 05-23-2008 06:40 AM

I didn't mention the 98 Z28 because it's been heavily modified and gets about 10 mpg instead of the HCH which gets 45. I do love to drive it sometimes though. It's fun because it just has a lot of power. It made 417 HP at the rear wheels. Not like the HCH which might make 100 HP at the wheels.

I was a little worried about the hotmail thing not working but decided to give it a shot and it worked just fine. I'm getting the reply e-mails and everything just right. Thanks guys.

Daox 05-23-2008 08:20 AM

Welcome to the site. What kind of mileage are you getting with the HCH now?

DifferentPointofView 05-23-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

I'm getting the reply e-mails and everything just right. Thanks guys.
Me too. So Darin... uhm... I've got like 800 ecomodder emails backed up from subscriptions... is there a way to keep subscribed but not have emails sent to you?

Nice car! :thumbup: it's a good starter car. Remember that driving technique is the best mod you can make! adjust the nut behind the wheel.

MetroMPG 05-23-2008 03:00 PM

DPoV, go here.

One of the options is default subscription notification method.

Z28WTW 05-23-2008 08:52 PM

Well on average before I found you guys I was getting 44-45. The other day when I got in my car it said 44.2. After pulling the mud flaps and front tag and airing the tires up a few extra pounds and adjusting the nut behind the wheel I'm getting 45.7. That was only 3 days of driving and I already have 500 miles on this tank so I think the next tank will be the true judge of what I'm capable of. I'll keep you guys up to date.