EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Newbie from Norcal (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newbie-norcal-1632.html)

Taco Bowl 03-31-2008 06:12 PM

Newbie from Norcal

Before I did any ecomods or changed driving style I was getting roughly 15 mpg.

After reading about Chris D. and his mods on CustomTacos.com I decided to at least change my driving style. A week later i was getting 20 mpg. Keep in mind that i drive a Tacoma V6 4x4 3in lift on 33s.:D

Im thinking about getting a vacuum gauge since i heard cruise control changes the rates back and forth.

Im not planning to spend a lot of money into getting more mpg. Most of my money goes towards four wheeling mods. Im just planning to do relatively cheap mods to increase my mpg.

SVOboy 03-31-2008 06:21 PM

Welcome to the site, I'm sure there're some ways you'll find to increase your mileage, ;)

trebuchet03 03-31-2008 07:15 PM

:thumbup:

Two things to think about

1. Always be content, but never satisfied (especially true if you hit a goal ;) )
and
2. Extraordinary mileage requires extraordinary efforts. (That doesn't mean expensive mind you).

cfg83 03-31-2008 07:23 PM

Taco Bowl -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco Bowl (Post 17183)
Before I did any ecomods or changed driving style I was getting roughly 15 mpg.

After reading about Chris D. and his mods on CustomTacos.com I decided to at least change my driving style. A week later i was getting 20 mpg. Keep in mind that i drive a Tacoma V6 4x4 3in lift on 33s.:D

Im thinking about getting a vacuum gauge since i heard cruise control changes the rates back and forth.

Im not planning to spend a lot of money into getting more mpg. Most of my money goes towards four wheeling mods. Im just planning to do relatively cheap mods to increase my mpg.

Welcome to EM! The nice thing about a vacuum gauge is that you can also use it to monitor the health of your engine, so it's a win-win.

CarloSW2

Red 03-31-2008 11:05 PM

Welcome to the site

DifferentPointofView 03-31-2008 11:14 PM

Welcome to EM! Is this your daily driver as well? I'm plannin' on getting a small car for drives on a normal basis, and use the ZJ as a project Jeep for an off-road vehicle to wrench on and stop puttin' miles on it. Vacuum gauge doesn't seem like it has a loss, you regain the money spent on it, and if something is up, the vacuum gauge can help find what's wrong with your engine. win-win-win situation there :D.

AndrewJ 03-31-2008 11:20 PM

Welcome to ecomodder!

Where in norcal are you? What year is your truck?

Taco Bowl 03-31-2008 11:59 PM

Yes its my Daily driver.

Im in Livermore, Bay Area. But go to school at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

2001 Tacom

Daox 04-01-2008 09:31 AM

Very nice increase. With a few more things done I'm sure you can see much higher numbers. Welcome to the site. :)