EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Newfangled Internet bed companies. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/newfangled-internet-bed-companies-37790.html)

Xist 08-26-2019 04:08 PM

Newfangled Internet bed companies.

Casper, Tuft and Needle, Leesa, and undoubtedly others.
I have seen countless ads on YouTube by the late King of Random, Bob of I Like to Make Stuff, and others. Bob has the best ads because he talks in a picture-in-picture while you can still watch him work on his project.

I bought a mattress off Amazon for $237.82. It came in a lightweight box, expanded quickly, did not smell, and was a mattress.

What do you expect?

I was happy to have a twin XL, the first mattress that I have ever had more than three inches longer than I am laying on it.

Normal mattresses have thick and tough covers. This reminded me of sweatshirt material. I took off the cover and there were two layers of foam, but it seemed to work.

However, I feel there is more to my tossing and turning than insomnia, is my mattress impeding my ability to sleep?

I should have gone to bed earlier last night, but I started tossing and turning two hours before I needed to wake up. My brother wakes up every single morning at four or five and lays down on the couch, so I got up and slept on his bed, which Mom bought from Big Lots.

It was amazing how much more comfortable it was! I think that when I have a chance I will visit Big Lots and quite possibly have them order me another twin XL. Their cheapest is $210 with 4.5 stars!

Nod by Tuft and Needle is rated 4.3 stars. Both have about five hundred reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JV...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How many of you have ordered vacuum-sealed mattresses and how have they worked for you?

RustyLugNut 08-28-2019 02:35 PM

I don't have any problems with insomnia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 605351)
Casper, Tuft and Needle, Leesa, and undoubtedly others.
I have seen countless ads on YouTube by the late King of Random, Bob of I Like to Make Stuff, and others. Bob has the best ads because he talks in a picture-in-picture while you can still watch him work on his project.

I bought a mattress off Amazon for $237.82. It came in a lightweight box, expanded quickly, did not smell, and was a mattress.

What do you expect?

I was happy to have a twin XL, the first mattress that I have ever had more than three inches longer than I am laying on it.

Normal mattresses have thick and tough covers. This reminded me of sweatshirt material. I took off the cover and there were two layers of foam, but it seemed to work.

However, I feel there is more to my tossing and turning than insomnia, is my mattress impeding my ability to sleep?

I should have gone to bed earlier last night, but I started tossing and turning two hours before I needed to wake up. My brother wakes up every single morning at four or five and lays down on the couch, so I got up and slept on his bed, which Mom bought from Big Lots.

It was amazing how much more comfortable it was! I think that when I have a chance I will visit Big Lots and quite possibly have them order me another twin XL. Their cheapest is $210 with 4.5 stars!

Nod by Tuft and Needle is rated 4.3 stars. Both have about five hundred reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JV...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How many of you have ordered vacuum-sealed mattresses and how have they worked for you?

I grew up sleeping on a straw mat on a hard packed dirt floor. And we slept well! But we worked hard all day so that straw mat was a welcome site!

I simply follow the same work-sleep pattern. Work your butt off all day so you can sleep the sleep of the dead. In the morning, that hard pack is your alarm clock.

redpoint5 08-28-2019 03:17 PM

Just got our first expanding mattress by mail. It doesn't seem particularly comfortable to me, but sleep quality has more to do with routine and having a consciousness that can rest easily than coil count. I'm capable of sleeping pretty soundly on carpet, on a couch, in a tent, in a hammock or in bed.

Xist 05-06-2020 09:06 PM

Mom has been complaining about her reasonably-new bed for a while and she had been napping in the living room far more than normal. This is a bad time to go to stores and try out mattresses so I looked into comparisons of different on-line mattresses.

From what I read, all of the major [new] brands were good, it was a matter of preference, but you would still like all brands.

I ordered a queen size and it was ridiculously heavy. I carefully slit the shrink wrap and it expanded explosively. As soon as I removed the plastic it was full size.

Do any mattresses come with handles? Sure, they often break, but usually you get some use out of them, right? I opened it in my room expecting it to need a couple of days to expand, but it was immediately ready to go.

With endless requests for my brother to assist I wrestled it out of my room, across the living room, and into Mom's room. Then I wrestled the old one out of her room, across the living room, kitchen, and back yard.

I really need to take it to storage!

Mom says that it is great!