EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   No back-EMF DC motors? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/no-back-emf-dc-motors-14182.html)

The Atomic Ass 08-10-2010 01:15 AM

No back-EMF DC motors?

I've just watched Peter Lindemann's DVD. While I only have a rudimentary understanding of the concepts he poses, I am highly intrigued by his findings.

Those of you who haven't yet watched it, buy it or download it. It's on Bittorrent if you're cheap like me. :)

So, discuss. Is a horsepower out of 100 watts asking the impossible, or not?

The Atomic Ass 08-12-2010 12:16 PM

Oh come on now, 70+ views and no comments? That's terrible. :p

Ryland 08-12-2010 02:09 PM

1hp out of 100 watts is impossible because 1 hp = 745.699872 watts, you can not get more out of something then you put in to it, Horse power is a unit of measurement that can directly be converted in to watts or watts in to horse power.

will88 08-15-2010 02:58 AM

not possible with todays teck however that doesnt mean it cant be in the future teck advances at a fast rate

Ryland 08-16-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will88 (Post 188945)
not possible with todays teck however that doesnt mean it cant be in the future teck advances at a fast rate

No, it's not possible because of the laws of physics.
when you convert electrical energy in to mechanical energy you can not get an increase of 3 time the output of what you put in, if you did then you would have perpetual motion.

gone-ot 08-16-2010 10:21 AM

...sorry guys, but the "Laws" of Phyics are just as obligatory as those of the Highway Patrol (wink,wink).

Tweety 08-16-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Tele man (Post 189126)
...sorry guys, but the "Laws" of Phyics are just as obligatory as those of the Highway Patrol (wink,wink).

Actually, no... The Highway patrol blinks or takes a nap once in a while and misses me... I have to date never managed to catch the laws of physics napping... I have tried, and tried again... And in the end, physics win every time... And they are damned hard to argue with as well... I got the scars to prove it...

will88 08-17-2010 02:01 PM

physics are constantly being studied and in some cases being re thought by even the best physicists find that they are some times wrong just because its whiten as law now does not mean it will be in the future no need to bite my head off im just stating facts things change look at all the things we have now just 50 years ago they said that impossible now im not saying your wrong cuz in fact right now u are right but you might not be 40 50 or a hundred years down the line

Ryland 08-17-2010 02:11 PM

If you are going to argue that something works because it doesn't fallow the same rules as the rest of science then you need to cite sources and not just say that someday 1+1 might equal 5...
The only way that I could see any device putting out more mechanical force then the electrical energy that is put in to it is if it also pulls energy out of the air or something as well, if it did this then instead of a motor getting warm as it ran because of the friction inside, it would instead get cold as it absorbed energy from around it, if it simply created energy... then you would be creating energy.

Automcdonough 08-18-2010 12:25 PM

maybe it's the perspective you have confused, something with very little HP can still put out a huge amount of torque.