EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Noob needs help with 91 Honda CRX D15z1 Conversion... (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/noob-needs-help-91-honda-crx-d15z1-conversion-20354.html)

pwjuggernaut 02-01-2012 11:18 AM

Noob needs help with 91 Honda CRX D15z1 Conversion...

Im going for the gold here peeps and need advice! Ive got the motor and ECU control box but now have questions about putting a P07 ECU in place the P28 for the Lean Burn. (I know some of these questions will be silly to some but this is my 1st swap with my 1st Honda after owning American cars for years so please dont bite my head off...Im trying!)

1) Will the p07 use the same plug-ins as the p28 and if not what do I need? (is it more or less just plug and play)

2) Since Im going from obd0 to obd1, will the conversion harness from Rywire cover all the plugs- (electrical-distributor-injectors)- I need for the OEM wires that are currently installed.

3) Im having issues understaing the 5 wire O2 sensor and how it should be properly hooked up. Can anyone give me the 02 Sensor For Dummies crash course.

Thank you for any advice!

Paul

drmiller100 02-01-2012 10:56 PM

cool conversion.

I don't know any answers to your questions.

SHould be a how to on the net about obd0 to obd1.

you probably will have to run wires for the 02 sensor to the ecu.

pwjuggernaut 02-04-2012 09:12 AM

Thanks for the help! I think its gonna be a "learn from experience" projects...

Paul

drmiller100 02-04-2012 08:24 PM

This site really is not suited for those who are modifying vehicles in hopes of better mileage. There are VERY few of us here.

Your project is completely worthwhile, and you will end up with a really cool vehicle.

what engine did your car originallyl have? Multi port, or dual point or ????

user removed 02-04-2012 08:45 PM

Maybe this will help.

crxMPG – Gas mileage never looked so good

regards
Mech

pwjuggernaut 02-04-2012 10:24 PM

Thats where I got the info from...

Gas Mileage Never Looked so Good. The creator of the website is a member here so I sent him a PM for some clarification. It's the smaller details I need the info on. I'm gonna get it in the shop soon but I'm building everything before hand so I can just drop it in. Thanks for the responses and I will keep everyone updated. I'm hoping to pull off 65 mpg but in the Mountains it might not be plausible.

Thanks!
Paul

user removed 02-04-2012 11:03 PM

It depends on the mountains. If you can coast down the mountain without having to brake or use engine drag to slow you down, mountains can actually help your MPG. In a car as light as the CRX you can climb the grades at high engine efficiency (use best BSFC) then coast the downgrades using no fuel. Downgrades where you have to reduce your speed, using brakes or engine braking, will waste energy.
Fortunately the lighter cars require less energy to climb and due to their light weight will not tend to gain as much speed downhill as a heavier car.
You might be surprised.
The swap you are doing has been done many times before. Try searching google under "crx lean burn swap" or "crx lean burn" to see if you can get more info. The HF since its already multi point FI is much easier than the DX which was throttle body and requires less wiring work to get it right.

regards
Mech