EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Noob from Ohio with a few Irons in the fire. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/noob-ohio-few-irons-fire-22040.html)

offalot 05-25-2012 12:04 PM

Noob from Ohio with a few Irons in the fire.

Hey all Name is Tim
I have been interested in gaining more miles for a while (miss my old turbo sprint-60mpg)
My current fleet (I am a little bit of a motorhead) :
Current drivers:
Daily car: 82 Mercedes 300SD I run this on veggy oil so I'm not too sure what milage I am getting as i just dunp the stuff in there when it needs it, probably about 25 mpg.
Daily Bike: 07 Kaw KLR650 Not the most economical bike but I get in the upper 50's on it which is more then it's supposed to (every few tanks I'll mess around with hypermiling but that really cuts into the fun factor)
Playtoy: 86 Mercedes 560SEC well the mileage of this isn't worth mentioning but I might put 100 miles or so a year on it.

Projects:
'90 Mercedes 560SEC I converted it from a big V8 to a turbo diesel i will run on veg. Also puttin airbag suspension and a more aerodynamic body kit to gain a few more mpg's.

Am also building a 82 Yamaha SR185 (which I later found out is the bike that won the craig vetter mpg challenge in the 80's) into a really lightweight little streetracer with the side benefit of being a eco beast.

And Lastly My81 VW diesel rabbit pickup which gets 50+mpg on veg. I don't know why this isn't my main vehice.

So I have learned a bit from this site so far and hiope to learn a bit more as well as contribute where I can. thanks.

MetroMPG 05-25-2012 01:35 PM

Hey - welcome to the forum.

I've never driven any of the turbo 1L Suzukiclones, which I consider a gaping hole in my driving resume. Last one I saw around here was a loooooooooong time ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by offalot (Post 308971)
so I'm not too sure what milage I am getting as i just dunp the stuff in there when it needs it

You don't keep track because it's free/cheap? Or you're independently wealthy? :)

offalot 05-25-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 308976)
Hey - welcome to the forum.

I've never driven any of the turbo 1L Suzukiclones, which I consider a gaping hole in my driving resume. Last one I saw around here was a loooooooooong time ago.

You don't keep track because it's free/cheap? Or you're independently wealthy? :)

I can say, I've owned quite a few cars, many being sports cars and the little 1L turbo was the funnest car I have ever owned. I can say I did save the engine when I got rid of it so that may be a donor for a future project.

Just tried to post a pic but it won't let me. Maybe in 5 more posts :)

Oh and as for the last comment, yes mostly cuz its free and cheap. Far from independently wealthy. It's just hard to track mileage when you're just dumping jugs of oil in your car in your driveway.

Gealii 05-25-2012 03:14 PM

must be nice to have all these veggy cars. glad to see new people from round my area starting to get into ecomoddin as well

MetroMPG 05-25-2012 05:55 PM

Saved that engine! Good work!

(Feel free to make a few "dummy" posts in this thread to get past the post requirements.)

offalot 05-25-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gealii (Post 308987)
must be nice to have all these veggy cars. glad to see new people from round my area starting to get into ecomoddin as well

Not really, can only drive one at a time, yet they all can break at any time. So hopefully once the diesel SEC is done I can get rid of about everything else.

Oh and I forgot to mention metro, another reason I don't measure the mpg, my odometer is broken :) I was thinking about building a lotus 7 replica to put the 1.0T in but I doubt I will ever have enough time to start that project. Unless that whole independently wealthy thing you mentioned pans out.:D

offalot 05-30-2012 03:00 PM

As promised:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...Picture306.jpg