Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Flying Brick - '96 Pontiac Bonneville SE
90 day: 23.57 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to QuickLTD Send a message via Yahoo to QuickLTD
Hello from Florida

Hello everyone,
I'm looking forward to making some new friends here. I found this site while goofing off Googling automotive aerodynamics websites with my son. I'm a transplanted New Yorker currently living in Florida. I used to do a lot of drag racing and some "open track" events on race courses with my Mustangs. I enjoy the automotive hobby and this website will just expand my interest. Currently I have a 1996 Bonneville SE with a 3.8L V6 that I intend on doing some of the aero mods I have discovered from this website. For a full sized car of this vintage it returns some good EPA mileage numbers . I will post those in the correct forums when I take some measurements to go with the pictures I took. I do look atthe entire site and have learned some interesting theory and some facts that I have already put into practice.

Note: I had to use the 1997 (same engine & trans) info due to the EPA only listing the Supercharged engine in their 1996 chart. 1995 used a different naturally aspirated engine. I am averaging around 24-25mpg combined using the how many miles I travelved vs how many gallons I fill up with. I know its the most acurate number but until I can get a scan gauge it will have to do.

EPA website info.
New
City: 17, Hwy: 26, Combined: 20
Old
City: 19, Hwy: 28, Combined: 22
Window Sticker
City: 19, Hwy: 30

P.S. I would love to know the cd for this car if anyone has it.

Thanks
Dean

Last edited by QuickLTD; 04-10-2009 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: Content correction
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Welcome to ecomodder! I'm not sure about the Cd on the car, but maybe someone else will have an idea.

Reply  Post New Thread