EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Oh no! That's due today! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/oh-no-thats-due-today-37821.html)

Xist 09-08-2019 05:42 PM

Oh no! That's due today!

I was so obsessed with getting to and from work that I did not make time for my anatomy homework. I had planned on starting it yesterday, but each time I went to see what I needed to do I thought of another reason my Accord might be misfiring.

She seems to drive fine now, but she seemed fine Tuesday morning, and was undriveable Tuesday evening.

My professors at Arizona State were pretty generic and that was fine, but with each class at MUMU I never know what to expect. Previous professors wanted us to socialize, which did not leave me enough time for actual classwork. I had a one-credit lab that involved more of my time than my three-credit classes, and I could not figure out what the professor wanted for a good grade. My spring instructor was fine, it was just weird that everything was due once a month. My summer instructor apparently thought that traditional coursework was "busy work" and got rid of it. Unfortunately, I did not feel that I learned anything. We had zero lectures.

Now I am taking an anatomy class and we needed to read almost a hundred pages the first week before having a five-question quiz for which we had ten minutes, which was supposed to prevent us from using our resources. Unfortunately, I read the 90+ pages and the quiz did not seem to have anything to do with the textbook.

I came home from Church and pulled up the syllabus. There is an assignment due. I logged into Blackboard to see what it is.

A freaking art project!
https://i.imgur.com/pZqtA57.png

I looked through all of the course material as soon as it was posted and I knew that this was coming, I just did not realize that it would be this soon. If I found the right diagram, I could see how much an undershirt stretches, cut a piece of plywood to fit, blow up the diagram, glue it onto the plywood, stretch the shirt over the board, trace, and color.

Actually, I need two diagrams, for the front and the back.

I still need to read, watch the lectures, and take a quiz, although it is only worth five points, which should only take a few minutes.

School is fun...

Edit! It says that it cannot be traced! How would she know?!

Frank Lee 09-08-2019 05:50 PM

Wasted valuable time in church.

freebeard 09-08-2019 07:10 PM

Eighteen lines of text, and 18 green dots — match them up?

Start with the ones you know, look for logical connections, and then flip a coin on the nonsensicle ones. That's how you can learn from the test itself.

Xist 09-08-2019 07:20 PM

That is just the front. She says that the Structures of Respiration are on page 52 and the Muscles of Respiration are on page 92. I count forty-one terms that we are supposed to identify. I did not see any relevant diagrams in the textbook, so I found one of the front, and another of the back.

So, I currently have 10/41 "figured out."

I am supposed to draw them in a manner which is recognizable?

ksa8907 09-08-2019 08:21 PM

Looks like a slightly more difficult version of 7th grade health class.

Sternum, xyphoid process, rib, diaphragm, bronchial tube, clavicle, etc...?

Xist 09-08-2019 08:26 PM

I cannot find the information that I need in the textbook. Right now I have a bunch of different diagrams that I found on-line.

freebeard 09-08-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

I am supposed to draw them in a manner which is recognizable?
Is this an art class? :cornfused:

Xist 09-08-2019 09:39 PM

1. Make a t-shirt showing important anatomy for respiration and articulation.
  2. Build a 3D model of the larynx.
  3. Face paint the facial muscles used for lip/jaw movement and facial expression on yourself or a volunteer.
  4. Perform an oral peripheral exam on 5 classmates or other individuals to compare normal structures.
  5. You will need to make food and beverages with consistency modifications and cultural considerations in mind that would be appropriate for an individual with dysphagia.
  6. Draw major landmarks on a swim cap/model head on the right and left hemisphere; color code or number everything and write down the functions of the brain separately

There is a "potluck" of the modified food and beverages, but I do not know how many students attend in-person.

freebeard 09-09-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

2. Build a 3D model of the larynx.
Blender 2.8 is awesome, but there's a bit of a learning curve.
Quote:

Perform an oral peripheral exam on 5 classmates or other individuals to compare normal structures.
Invade the personal space of your classmates and judge them?
Quote:

5. You will need to make food and beverages with consistency modifications and cultural considerations in mind that would be appropriate for an individual with dysphagia.
Enemas?

Xist 09-09-2019 02:35 AM

I dropped the class

I was still collecting information when the deadline passed. I did not start immediately after Church and I could have been more focused, but I still needed to figure out the layers of the human thorax and illustrate them on a t-shirt. The forty-one items that I counted included "Accessory muscles of inspiration," "Accessory muscles of expiration," and "Muscles of postural control." The first group contained five muscles, the second group had seven, and I never found the third. The only time that phrase was used in my textbook was the one list and I did not find anything useful on-line. I guess that I needed to start seventy-two hours earlier--when I was driving a rental--to ensure that I would have heard back from my instructor. Not counting duplicates, there was over a page of items to illustrate and I ended up with fourteen different diagrams that I somehow needed to magically combine.

The quiz and assignment were worth 3.75% of my grade. I still could have earned an A, but I earned zero As at ASU, at least for speech classes, and I barely earned As the last two terms through MUMU. I just do not see it happening with a 3.75% handicap and the entire point of retaking these classes is to earn As.

Bs do not help me. I already have plenty of those.

I had wanted to wait until I was paid to pay for tuition, but then I wanted to complete everything before I paid.

Hopefully the bill for $377.63 goes away.

SLPs that work in hospitals often do swallowing therapy. They may do that in home health, too, but that is Master's level stuff. Something about the possibility of the client choking and dying I guess. My trainer had swallowing clients and I could not work with them. The idea is that different people have different difficulties swallowing. Some need thicker liquids, some need softer solids, etc. We were supposed to come up with five foods and drinks that people with swallowing difficulties could safely consume--with cultural considerations.