EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   For Sale (https://ecomodder.com/forum/sale.html)
-   -   Ohio ECO MODIFICATION SHOP (cars for sale and ECO MODDING) (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ohio-eco-modification-shop-cars-sale-eco-modding-23658.html)

mugen 10-12-2012 10:25 AM

Ohio ECO MODIFICATION SHOP (cars for sale and ECO MODDING)

My Friend Brent and my wife and I just opened a shop in Columbus Ohio
Northwest Automotive Solutions
it specializes in Eco Modified cars
I have Been working on Hondas for more than 12 years
and have developed a Passion for Eco civics that look great and
can out get incredible fuel economy.
We have the option of buying a car or
we can Modify your 92-00 civic

We are finishing up the 2 Prototype Models

1) 55 MPG Civic with NA motor
2)60-70MPG Civic with ECO turbo system

Both cars will contain low mile (40-60K engines)

We can also modify your current 92-00 civic for either one of these goals.

Call 614-504-5357 for more information

and Happy Eco Modding to all of you

MetroMPG 10-12-2012 11:08 AM

Feel free to post more details of your Prototype Models when they're ready. (You need 5 posts before you can add links.)

WD40 10-12-2012 11:25 PM

Any details on the ECO turbo system would be a good read.

turbovr41991 10-15-2012 12:40 PM

Do you strictly eco mod the engines or do you eco mod the body for aerodynamics too?

mugen 10-15-2012 01:46 PM

Thanks for the replies.

We have been focusing mostly on the engine and ECO performance side of car. most of our customers at this time are looking for a mostly OEM looking car that can get amazing MPG. We use some weight savings mods, nothing too drastic to keep the car comfortable.

As far as the turbo systems go, it is using the idea of a combination of recycling the exhaust gas to keep hot temps and also to keep the engine under 0 realitive load. And a BUNCH of R&D and ECU Tunning.

slownugly 10-15-2012 02:52 PM

we have a garage and i have been thinking lately about doing the same thing!! i would specialize in civics but also offer other economic cars that are in a very affordable price range that have proven mpg numbers. i have all sorts of ideas like making hypermiling pamphlets to give driving tips as well as hypermiling driving lessons. i hope your venture goes well and i will follow the thread.

rmay635703 10-18-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownugly (Post 334226)
we have a garage and i have been thinking lately about doing the same thing!! i would specialize in civics but also offer other economic cars that are in a very affordable price range that have proven mpg numbers. i have all sorts of ideas like making hypermiling pamphlets to give driving tips as well as hypermiling driving lessons. i hope your venture goes well and i will follow the thread.

Too bad so few people do diesel w/ MT swaps into eco cars or even the MT swap part.

Every vehicle I own would be better with an MT, even my C-car which could use a nice 3 on the tree.

mugen 10-29-2012 11:50 AM

ECO MOD SHOP in OHIO (team honda)

My Friend Brent and my wife and I just opened a shop in Columbus Ohio
Northwest Automotive Solutions
it specializes in Eco Modified cars
I have Been working on Hondas for more than 12 years
and have developed a Passion for Eco civics that look great and
can out get incredible fuel economy.
We have the option of buying a car or
we can Modify your 92-00 civic

We are finishing up the 2 Prototype Models

1) 50MPG Civic with NA motor
2)60-70MPG Civic with ECO turbo system

Both cars will contain low mile (40-60K engines)

We can also modify your current 92-00 civic for either one of these goals.

***NEW*** we will also have Tuned ECU's for Civic HX models to drasticly increase Lean Burn capability, and to aid in hypermiling and MPG savings.

Call 614-504-5357 for more information

and Happy Eco Modding to all of you

oil pan 4 10-29-2012 12:13 PM

Well this is a good option for people who don't have a garage stuffed full of all manor of tools.
I can see plug and play eco modded ECUs being popular.
Collect lots and lots of 3rd party data so you cant be accused of being a scammer, because there are a lot of people with no mechanical know how that are convinced OEM fuel economy can not be improved upon.

turbovr41991 10-29-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugen (Post 336738)
***NEW*** we will also have Tuned ECU's for Civic HX models to drastically increase Lean Burn capability, and to aid in hypermiling and MPG savings.

Looking forward to the ECU tuning on the HX!!!
Good luck with your development and testing. I know several people who have paid $4000+ for a low mileage/rust free VX. If your prototypes are able to achieve the same or better results in a newer generation car, you should have a winning combination that will sell well. You could even offer 4 door models which were never offered with a lean burn feature to be more family friendly! i personally would be interested in one of those. Especially a 99-2000 EX sedan! That would be sweet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 336741)
Well this is a good option for people who don't have a garage stuffed full of all manor of tools.
I can see plug and play eco modded ECUs being popular.

It is also appealing to people who value their time. I have a garage full of tools and have I swapped the engine and trans in my civic (as well as many other cars), but would not be opposed to spending 5k on a car with only 40-60k miles that can reliably get proven 50 – 70 mpg. If they get the results they are expecting, there will be a lot more interest in this topic.

MetroMPG 10-29-2012 03:03 PM

hi mugen -

I merged your two threads into this previous, existing one. Better to post updates here rather than starting a new thread each time.

Ryland 10-29-2012 05:43 PM

I would like to see specs on that mileage, speed, conditions and so on, that is why EPA mileage is nice is that it's all under the same conditions.
So what mileage does the car get at 65mph on the highway if I have the cruse control set?

HydroJim 11-06-2012 07:49 PM

How are things going with this?

mugen 11-08-2012 10:27 AM

The NA VX is just getting the finishing touches on the tune today.
We came in with good numbers about 55MPG highway on cruise. This was using no hypermiling techniques and regular inflation on tires and i will be doing some grill block and warm engine mods. After those are complete and on a warmer day (this testing was done at 29deg F "cold") i can see it making 60MPG. and again that is not using EOC and PandG techniques.

I have 2 HX cars that will be tuned and tested this weekend and i should have Data from those in the next week. shooting for similar numbers as the VX 50-60mpg

***teaser*** both the VX and HX have lean burn in 3rd 4th and 5th. and have modified maps for both the lean burn and an acceleration map that when the throttle is depressed more than 60% the Vtec kicks in and gets the car moving quickly.

MetroMPG 11-08-2012 10:34 AM

Hint: You need to provide speed data to give your MPG figures context.

turbovr41991 11-08-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG (Post 338757)
Hint: You need to provide speed data to give your MPG figures context.

Probably just an oversight. They seem pretty set on being able to go 65 - 70 mph.

Looking forward to more clarification on the testing measures and duration, HX results, and of course the crazy turbo version results!

Keep up the good work!

MetroMPG 11-08-2012 11:10 AM

Yup: we're all about the data here! The more details/information provided about the MPG-measurement procedure, the better.

mugen 11-08-2012 04:54 PM

thanks Metro for the clarification, the tests on the highway were done with cruise set at 55, 65, and 70 MPH and so i guess that the average would be around 65MPH on cruise netted aprox. 55MPG. again with no other techniques used just set the cruise and normal air pressure in tires and no other mods to car.

HydroJim 11-08-2012 06:57 PM

That's pretty impressive. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you selling your cars for?

mugen 11-09-2012 12:57 PM

##update## 62MPG at 50deg F, cruise set at 65mph, no hypermiling, no areo mods, No EOC, no over inflating tires.:D

1carnut 11-09-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugen (Post 338974)
##update## 62MPG at 50deg F, cruise set at 65mph, no hypermiling, no areo mods, No EOC, no over inflating tires.:D

I'm assuming this is still the VX? Is this an actual VX or a VX drivetrain in another civic? Looking forward to the HX results. Sounds promising so far.

mugen 11-10-2012 07:59 AM

HX is being tuned now should have similar results as the VX. I know alot of HX owners are holding their breaths for these results, It will be worth the wait!:thumbup:

the previous car that was finished was a VX engine in a EG (92-95) Si civic hatch, fully loaded car with all options (sunroof, power everything)
this had 3 passengers and 3 suitcases going on a holiday. and I cant stress this enough it was only using set cruise technique :) :cool:

Weather Spotter 11-10-2012 10:00 AM

any work on non Honda Cars?

What sort of engine swap options or ecu programing options might my 2006 Matrix have? I can get 60-76 MPG with the car now, but would like to take that over 100 MPG :D

UltArc 11-10-2012 07:23 PM

No disrespect intended by this, but what eco modding is being done? It seems like only tunes are being done, did I miss something?

nbleak21 11-10-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 339219)
No disrespect intended by this, but what eco modding is being done? It seems like only tunes are being done, did I miss something?

Tuning for economy IS ecomodding! My V-AFC has netted me a 10%mpg improvement Without any of the "typical" ecomods done here... can't wait to see what additional gains I'll be making with the additional mods I have planned in the future!

Weather Spotter 11-11-2012 06:27 AM

Tweaking the ecu is a mod. Just a hard one. Good job for those who can pull it off.

UltArc 11-11-2012 11:26 PM

So it is solely CPU tuning, nothing else?

mugen 11-12-2012 08:10 AM

As previously stated ECU tuning for ECO purposes has netted some pretty impressive MPG ECO numbers. I am ECO MODDING the entire way the car performs, and when i say entire i mean the nitty gritty IE... there isn't a function on the whole car that hasn't been tuned, down to when the fan kicks on to keep the car running at different temps at different loads. Once the ECU is tuned the owner of the car can modify it any way he or she pleases. From doing nothing but installing the ECU to full on gutted out boat tail and pizza pans.

slownugly 11-12-2012 08:33 AM

very impressive. im currently doing a vx swap into my 4 door lx so it will have power everything and cruise. check out the mod i did on the second page, you can have a cruise light and shift indicator light. not somthing you need but the little touches make the difference.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...oor-23433.html

turbovr41991 11-12-2012 11:50 AM

How is the tuning with the HX coming along? Are you having any success using the stock P2N ecu? If a P28 ecu would be used would there be a convenient way to monitor parameters like engine load, throttle position sensor, and a lean burn indicator? I currently use a scan gauge 2 which connects using the OBD2 port to monitor these areas to maintain maximum fuel economy. Wondering if there is a jumper harness for the OBD2 port or if anything can be done to use the Scan gauge or ultra gauge or if there is other options to view this data. Thanks!

WD40 11-12-2012 01:15 PM

How much are we talking for a tuned/tunable ECU for a 92 VX, are you planning on doing a core exchange?

UltArc 11-12-2012 02:22 PM

I hope you realize I am not criticizing or anything negative at all. I am just curious why you do not sell the tunbes uwrite, in addition to this. If I built up my car, I would not want to trade to yours and have to do everything again, I would rather just buythe tune.

From your responses, it seems like you may take my responses as criticisms or speculation, rather, I am just curious about the potential missed opportunities that could net you more income: selling tunes, and/or doing aerodynamic modifications.

turbovr41991 11-12-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 339504)
I am just curious why you do not sell the tunes u write

They are also going to sell the tunes / chipped ECU's. They had another thread explaining this, but it got merged back into this one and is no longer the first post…
Quote:

Originally Posted by mugen (Post 336738)
we will also have Tuned ECU's for Civic HX models to drastically increase Lean Burn capability, and to aid in hypermiling and MPG savings.

They are also interested in swapping 92-00 cars with their more efficient setup. A good option for people who are in need of an engine replacement or transmission replacement or people who just want to improve a civics gas mileage.
I think they plan on selling prototype cars as well, so if you are struggling to find a clean VX or want a newer bodystyle with VX or better stats, this could also be a good option for you.

HydroJim 11-12-2012 05:16 PM

Any Pricing information? I'm pretty interested because im planning on an ultimate MPG car and ECU is the only thing I don't have the capabilities/knowledge to do.

Also, you need a website to start getting to word out :thumbup:

Rusty94cx 11-12-2012 05:35 PM

See I talked to him pesonally an the ecus are reasonable. The can and will also do a 02 delete so no more 200$ sensors. It runs off of map sensor. I'm just torn weather to keep the vx stock or to chase bigger mpg with ecu. Not to threadjack sorry. If you pm he'll tell you a price for obd1 setup not my place to post.

UltArc 11-12-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbovr41991 (Post 339509)
They are also going to sell the tunes / chipped ECU's. They had another thread explaining this, but it got merged back into this one and is no longer the first post…

They are also interested in swapping 92-00 cars with their more efficient setup. A good option for people who are in need of an engine replacement or transmission replacement or people who just want to improve a civics gas mileage.
I think they plan on selling prototype cars as well, so if you are struggling to find a clean VX or want a newer bodystyle with VX or better stats, this could also be a good option for you.

I must have missed that part. I've read the whole thread, but it has been a while since then.

A mass produced simple belly pan or air dam could be pretty profitable :). Aero wise, and cash wise

turbovr41991 11-13-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 339583)
A mass produced simple belly pan or air dam could be pretty profitable :). Aero wise, and cash wise

Yep. Especially for the mass produced 92-00 civics out there. I could see them having it being a 2 or 3 piece set so they could easily interchange between a sedan, coupe, and hatchback. All three body styles would share the same frontal engine area, but the 2nd or 3rd pieces would cater to the length of the car.
The shop seems to take pride in the appearance of the cars and being able to drive them under “normal” conditions. So doing things like a belly pan is very appealing to them as it adds value, but is not visible. It would also be a good opportunity for them to design grill blocks that would appear stock and other “classy” looking area mods.

chrisgerman1983 11-13-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltArc (Post 339583)
I must have missed that part. I've read the whole thread, but it has been a while since then.

I was thinking the same thing, but as a business there are a lot of liability issues to worry about. If you or I build a grill block and belly pan and the car overheats and blows a head gasket it is our own fault. If somebody buys a car that they expect to perform flawlessly and the same happens then it is a big problem. Or if a belly pan comes loose and takes out a brake line... sometimes keeping it "simple" (not that ECU reprogramming is simple) is the best way.

turbovr41991 11-13-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisgerman1983 (Post 339656)
I was thinking the same thing, but as a business there are a lot of liability issues to worry about. If you or I build a grill block and belly pan and the car overheats and blows a head gasket it is our own fault. If somebody buys a car that they expect to perform flawlessly and the same happens then it is a big problem. Or if a belly pan comes loose and takes out a brake line... sometimes keeping it "simple" (not that ECU reprogramming is simple) is the best way.

Most aftermarket companies get around this by saying “not for street use” or “for off road use only.” Expect the same to be done here. Although many people buy the products and use them on their street cars, the legal responsibility falls on the driver for using said products on the street.

mugen 11-23-2012 10:28 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Ecomodders!!!

and to all you HX owners out there...........

1st ECU is tuned and we are proud to announce that we are seeing similar results as the VX setup. Lean Burn in 3rd 4th and 5th with a more pronounced VTEC for when you want "power". as well as some extra features. No more wondering if your in lean burn because if your in 5th gear at all....YOU ARE.....
No more buying $200-$300 5 wire 02 sensors.... no more wishing you had lean burn in 3rd and 4th..... because merry Christmas you DO!!!!!

we are beginning to get our first ECu's ready for order in the next week or 2.

thanks everyone!!