EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   One of my favorite car control video's! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/one-my-favorite-car-control-videos-24713.html)

larrybuck 01-23-2013 07:59 PM

One of my favorite car control video's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26nQXtF1pRg
It is winter after all; closed road, and NOT a rookie!!!
Not my favorite tune, but somehow; when I've had a rough day, or situation;
watching this relaxes, and refreshes me!!!

I suppose that after one is cut off after the 100th time by people who
pretend to think they are good drivers while you are trying hard to hypermile;
that some kind of release might be in order if only in dream mode!!!

2000neon 01-23-2013 10:29 PM

That looks like fun! We recently got some snow and were sliding in my buddies subaru forester in an open lot his family owns. We averaged a whopping 39L/100km! Ha ha

myrefugeisintheLord 01-23-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrybuck (Post 352604)
It is winter after all; closed road, and NOT a rookie!!!
Not my favorite tune, but somehow; when I've had a rough day, or situation;
watching this relaxes, and refreshes me!!!

I suppose that after one is cut off after the 100th time by people who
pretend to think they are good drivers while you are trying hard to hypermile;
that some kind of release might be in order if only in dream mode!!!

I totally understand what you mean! However I wouldn't say that particular video relaxes me, because of the vivid images that come to mind from past experiences! :eek: Every time I've tried to have a little fun in the snow, I've ended up having to do some kind of repair. Luckily the last one (This last Dec), only cost me $20 and an afternoon of work. :rolleyes: I'm sure I'd benefit from having some training instead of trying to learn on my own! :D

Thanks for sharing the video! Looks like a ton of fun for an experienced driver! And there's no doubt, that person is!!! :p

(Lol, the last "incident" was also due to the "release" of some excitement from finding out that I could go and pick up my CRX! :D)

sheepdog 44 01-24-2013 02:05 AM

Hmm... It's rear wheel drive. And most cars are front wheel drive.

redpoint5 01-24-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheepdog 44 (Post 352652)
Hmm... It's rear wheel drive. And most cars are front wheel drive.

Was just thinking how it's no fun driving my TSX in the snow. It won't even let me spin my tires for fun (with VSA turned on). Makes me miss my beater Subaru Legacy. She handled so securely and predictably. I pulled a lot of cars out of ditches with her from Audi's to 4x4 pickups. All moot though as Su was rear-ended and totaled, and no substantial snow has hit the valley this year. Global warming is ruining my fun!

Arragonis 01-25-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 352655)
Was just thinking how it's no fun driving my TSX in the snow...

George (FWD) has been happily playing in the minor snow we have had here in Embra, tail sliding round corners like a little terrier :D I justify it as hypermiling as I'm using lift-off oversteer and therefore in DFCO ;)

He also managed to climb the slight incline our house sits on...

...passing the Toyota RAV4 stuck at the bottom spinning all four wheels.

More snow predicted apparently :thumbup:

320touring 01-25-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 352926)
George (FWD) has been happily playing in the minor snow we have had here in Embra, tail sliding round corners like a little terrier :D I justify it as hypermiling as I'm using lift-off oversteer and therefore in DFCO ;)

He also managed to climb the slight incline our house sits on...

...passing the Toyota RAV4 stuck at the bottom spinning all four wheels.

More snow predicted apparently :thumbup:

GOod work. I've been exceptionally well behaved. Was meant to be going to my unit tomorrow- Is the snow bad out east?

Arragonis 01-25-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320touring (Post 352977)
GOod work. I've been exceptionally well behaved. Was meant to be going to my unit tomorrow- Is the snow bad out east?

I've been home on a day off today in Embra - no snow. Mrs A was out in Midlothian and reported snow there and friends reported sticking snow at Costco at Straiton so it varies quite a lot.

How is it on your side ?

320touring 01-25-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 352983)
I've been home on a day off today in Embra - no snow. Mrs A was out in Midlothian and reported snow there and friends reported sticking snow at Costco at Straiton so it varies quite a lot.

How is it on your side ?

sitting with about 2 inches here, but no snow was lying on the m8 at harthill when I passed by at 4pm..

So as not to be O/T

here's of my favourite car control videos- the jump at 39 secs is F**king unreal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS8AMrBnYHM

larrybuck 01-27-2013 06:04 PM

My-te-fine driving! (slang for the store brand products at Fred Meyer stores here in the Pac. NW. Technically, its Kroger's, but Freddie's, (more local slang) is a beloved name
here.

Would be great to drive like that, but I couldn't picture myself actually working my
OWN vehicle that hard. It would have to be a car owned by someone else, or I would
have to be filthy rich! LOL!!!!!