EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   Online Electric Vehicle; not an internet conveyance. (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/online-electric-vehicle-not-internet-conveyance-26610.html)

botsapper 08-07-2013 02:18 PM

Online Electric Vehicle; not an internet conveyance.

OLEV is an electric vehicle continually charged by maintaining a 17cm air gap and the application of Shaped Magnetic Field in Resonance (SMFIR). Power comes from embedded electric cables in the road. They are power strips that only needs to be a minimum 5% - 15% of the vehicle's entire trip distance. The road also has a smart function that it turns off when there is no 'receiver' vehicle over its power cables and to maintain EMF safety levels for human health. Wireless Online Electric Vehicle, OLEV, runs inner city roads

RedDevil 08-07-2013 02:39 PM

I hope they will allow for OLHV's too. An augmented hybrid would be a smart choice as long as this system is not widely available.

botsapper 08-07-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDevil (Post 383997)
I hope they will allow for OLHV's too. An augmented hybrid would be a smart choice as long as this system is not widely available.

Do like the potential of the system. It is versatile for all types of OLHV and could even pay for its own retrofit installation by charging as per energy 'discharge' on new toll/recharge lanes. A quasi-governmental/private cooperation, like the interstate/toll system. Less need for home chargers or supercharger stations.

RedDevil 08-08-2013 04:43 AM

I'm contemplating a mild PHEV conversion on my car, like a double hybrid pack adding ~1 kWh of LiFePO4's to my .6 kWh OEM NiMH pack. Combined with this it would be really something. The OLmPHEV...!

IamIan 08-08-2013 05:24 AM

Until we are keeping up the maintenance of less expensive / simpler / conventional roads ... I think more expensive and more complicated roads like this will remain a tiny tiny niche , at best ... and not become wide spread.

If we do ... one way or the other ... reach a point that we keep up with maintenance of the less expensive / simpler / conventional roads ... this might have a chance ... but would still also face the current obstacle of the low efficiency this technology currently has demonstrated.

RedDevil 08-09-2013 05:31 AM

Don't need to electrify all of the road, just the right lane. Or just points where cars have to wait and accelerate away like crossings.

botsapper 08-09-2013 01:44 PM

...anyone caught in their daily LA commute...would be fully-charged.

RedDevil 08-27-2013 05:44 PM

It seems the Koreans have pulled it off; their OLEV system is operational and gets used by 2 public buses on a 12 km stretch, according to the BBC.