EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   OT : Advice on creating a simple web site (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ot-advice-creating-simple-web-site-15676.html)

Cd 01-04-2011 07:42 PM

OT : Advice on creating a simple web site

O.K. so this is way off topic here, but a lot of you guys are very knowledgeable about things such as web site creation and such.

I am trying to create a simple web site where I can place some of my art for sale. I just need a simple, free ( but professional looking - so not too 'canned' looking ) site that i can have several images on one page along with a description below it.

I tried creating a blog with Blogger and it seems to be O.K. except that I can't figure out how the have a page with multiple images side by side.:confused::o

I'm never learned HTML, and have a hard time with all of this.

This is what I have so far : Shelterarts: Art to help animals

So does anyone know of any easy to use make it yourself without HTML knowledge type of sites ?

I'll even consider sites that are not free if they are easy to set up for dummies.
( I tried iWeb and MobileMe since i'm on a Mac, but that all seems like Apples $100 a year clone of the free GeoCities type of sites. )

Thanks for any advice

So back on topic ... how'bout that boat tail :D

Clev 01-04-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cd (Post 212994)
O.K. so this is way off topic here, but a lot of you guys are very knowledgeable about things such as web site creation and such.

I am trying to create a simple web site where I can place some of my art for sale. I just need a simple, free ( but professional looking - so not too 'canned' looking ) site that i can have several images on one page along with a description below it.

I tried creating a blog with Blogger and it seems to be O.K. except that I can't figure out how the have a page with multiple images side by side.:confused::o

I'm never learned HTML, and have a hard time with all of this.

This is what I have so far : Shelterarts: Art to help animals

So does anyone know of any easy to use make it yourself without HTML knowledge type of sites ?

I'll even consider sites that are not free if they are easy to set up for dummies.
( I tried iWeb and MobileMe since i'm on a Mac, but that all seems like Apples $100 a year clone of the free GeoCities type of sites. )

Thanks for any advice

So back on topic ... how'bout that boat tail :D

Wordpress seems to be the standard in free hosting. Dunno if they do everything you need. If you're looking to sell, you might try Squarespace: squarespace.com, use offer code TWIT for free (no credit card) trial and 10% off the normal $12/month hosting if you keep it. I have no experience with them, but have been bombarded by commercials for them and they pride themselves on easy-to-use.

cfg83 01-04-2011 08:28 PM

Cd -

Have you looked at etsy? :

Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies

It's an artist-friendly website.

CarloSW2

Cd 01-04-2011 08:55 PM

Thanks folks !

skyl4rk 01-04-2011 10:11 PM

Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog

galahs 01-15-2011 01:31 AM

you can get a free easy to remember domain name at freedomains.co.nr

It will be like mysimplewebsite.co.nr for example :)

menaus2 01-16-2011 03:12 PM

+1 for squarespace
+1 etsy (for building a store)