Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from Pennsylvania!

Hello everyone!

I am really enjoying this website. I had no idea there were so many people that realized that the Government EPA guidlines were, in general, reasonable. For years I would hear people say; "Oh you can't believe the EPA sticker, no one ever gets that MPG". I would look at them like, huh??? I ALWAYS got the EPA estimates, usally better even by just driving "smart". I could not belive the government lowered the EPA estimates for new cars. I was liking the old estimates ...anyway...

What I like about this website is all the info on aeromods. I have been working on a 3-wheel car for a few years now and hope to get it on the road by next summer. So I like learning about what makes a car body aerodynamic. Too bad I had not found this site two years ago when we were building the basic body shape....such as life.

Our work has been documented by hundreds of pictures but the most interesting ones are here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/stinger3wheel/Stinger

The frame is based on RQRiley's Trimuter. Of course the body is NOTHING like the Trimuter. We hope to paint it yellow with black trim, hence the name, "The Stinger". My daughter came up with that quite a few years ago and we liked it so it stayed.

The car will not be acting like a "Stinger" though being that it only has a 18 HP engine Once we get the basic car Inspected, titled and registered we are going to look at added an EV component to it.

Well, Hello again and hope to be talking to you all......

Wallace

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
MP$

Send a message via MSN to diesel_john
Smile

welcome wallace
this site started last winter, enjoy.

PS. Great Photos.

What is the final drive ratio?

Last edited by diesel_john; 06-14-2008 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: great photos
Old 06-14-2008, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The drive train consists of a Vanguard V-twin 18HP engine, a CVT like those found in snowmobiles and a rear-end from a 1970 Datsun 510. I am not sure but I think the final ratio is 1:1 or slightly better. The top speed is supposed to be around 65 MPH for the Trimuter. I doubt our car will go that fast because we will weigh in heavier then the original design. We have enlarged the body in order to install full-size seats. And of course we will have more drag.

One other thing....
In the pictures you see a little boy at the top of the album. That is the same little boy through out the rest of the pictures. As you can see, we have been at this for awhile now

Last edited by 3wheeled; 06-14-2008 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: comment on pics
Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Welcome to ecomodder, always nice to have someone else somewhat local aboard.

Reply  Post New Thread