Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2016, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

unfinished but running driving diesel festiva.

I have pictures i will post up soon but i have an unfinished but running driving diesel festiva , made it just for kicks and possibly as a daily city commuter before my welder got stolen by a relative.

I test drove it before maxing out fuel delivery and putting a new master cylinder swap on it. I got to around 30mph in 100 yards in 3rd gear and came back since it is not street legal and very loud.

I was going to weld up an exhaust to quiet it down before taking it on another test drive before my welder was stolen , and now in order to move onto the next real step to see what it can do I will need to buy a welder. So I figure I will see if anybody is interested in a project or a toy. If not I will eventually finish it.

I was planning on rubber coating polyurethane or truck bed coating the interior and possibly also the exterior to quiet it down and few other reasons like durability and insulation. But until I can really do a good test drive on a quiet car I am not comfortable going any further.

The wiring needs to be redone so that there is less splices because I was just getting basic layout done on preliminary wiring since all the original wiring was burnt up when i got the car. I was planning on making a flat dash to save space. and make a few brackets to hold things and neaten everything up. But with no welder I do not have motivation to go further at this point. Since i moved into a new house in the city since my welder was stolen. I am not comfortable test driving the car since last time i test drove it here before adjusting the fuel a cop drove by shortly after. All the sheet metal vibrates and sounds like a thunderstorm until the exhaust is done and sheet metal is coated.

If there is no interest I will eventually finish it because I feel like i could still make the car work for my purpose and for pretty cheap. But at this point I have lost interest and need to get a welder before I am comfortable moving forward. The diesel is a brand new 10hp utility diesel that I have not used the first tank of fuel in yet. But oil has been drained multiple times for break in. The bad is the pull start broke first pull of the engine so I removed it since it has a electric starter , and the festiva starter can also be installed in the factory location if wanted.

engine starts right up and runs good , just no time , no motivation currently. if interested in finishing it , as a toy , or as a scrapper and just take what you want out of it like the engine make me an offer.

I have the fender that is not on the car.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Old 11-20-2016, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfield1990 View Post

Pics not showing.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
too bad, i'd love to see the pics! :{)

Reply  Post New Thread