EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/peugeot-206-1-4-hdi-32364.html)

Sjoegerd 07-13-2015 03:51 PM

Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Hi all!

Don't know if I put it in the right subforum, but I bought a "new" car!
It was time for me to switch to a car which is more suitable to make more kilometers each year. The Peugeot 106 served me well, but with my calculations, the 206 would save me a lot of money.
I have no numbers about my fuel consumption yet, but I make enough kilometers to get back at that soon ;)

Greetings,

Sjoegerd

Daox 07-13-2015 04:14 PM

Congrats on the new ride.

What is the 206 rated mpg wise for compared to the 106?

Sjoegerd 07-13-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 486730)
Congrats on the new ride.

What is the 206 rated mpg wise for compared to the 106?

The factory specifications of the 206 are: 54,8 mpg US
The factory specifications of the 106 are: 36,7 mpg US

I used to do around 40 mpg with the 106. Beside that, diesel is 30-40 cents per liter cheaper than petrol but the roadtax is much higher.

Sjoegerd 07-20-2015 03:24 PM

Finally made a photo of the car:

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...82&oe=564E12F2

After a half tank I filled it up. Got to 20 km/L, that is about 47 MPG (US). I wasn't even trying so I know I can do better :)

Sjoegerd 12-28-2015 02:21 PM

Fuel usage after about 14.000 km is 19,35 KM/L, and still not trying :rolleyes:.. But it is still pretty good. Most of the time I drive between 80 and 110 km/h with constant speed. Love driving the car! :D

Piwoslaw 12-28-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoegerd (Post 503290)
and still not trying :rolleyes:

I understand that you are trying to get a baseline to improve on?
Because it is definitely not due to a lack of good tips here...

When you finally get around to ecomodding, how far do you want to go? Bumping tire pressure, grille block, engine insulation, Kammback, ???

Sjoegerd 12-28-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 503296)
I understand that you are trying to get a baseline to improve on?
Because it is definitely not due to a lack of good tips here...

When you finally get around to ecomodding, how far do you want to go? Bumping tire pressure, grille block, engine insulation, Kammback, ???

It really is setting a accurate baseline. I know the car is capable to be more fuel efficient without even doing modifications.

I hope to build a grill block in 2016. I have a nice idea that will smooth out the front bumper. I will not go to a Kammback, maybe smoothen the underside of the car out.

First it will go for the yearly mandatory test in January. I hope it will pass without a lot of investment.

Piwoslaw 12-28-2015 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoegerd (Post 503301)
maybe smoothen the underside of the car out.

Does your P206 already have an engine undertray? Iirc, these were stock only on the diesel-engined models, while the petrols had none.

Sjoegerd 12-29-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 503349)
Does your P206 already have an engine undertray? Iirc, these were stock only on the diesel-engined models, while the petrols had none.

Yes it already have an engine undertray. But I saw a new type Peugeot 308, which has a much smoother bellypan with multiple plastic undertrays. Maybe it is possible to make something like that.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-29-2015 08:12 PM

Is a vegetable oil conversion (such as those Elsbett kits) a viable option to you?

Sjoegerd 12-30-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr (Post 503420)
Is a vegetable oil conversion (such as those Elsbett kits) a viable option to you?

I saw it is available for my car but I don't know if the car is suitable for it. It has a couple of downsides for me, the Elsbett kit is very expensive (€1250,- euro's, almost my monthly paycheque) and I think it is illegal over here. It is mandatory to pay taxes for your fuels. Almost half of our diesel price are taxes so the government don't want to miss that :rolleyes:

So I think it is not a good option for me, but it is interesting!

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr 12-31-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoegerd (Post 503474)
It has a couple of downsides for me, the Elsbett kit is very expensive (€1250,- euro's, almost my monthly paycheque) and I think it is illegal over here. It is mandatory to pay taxes for your fuels. Almost half of our diesel price are taxes so the government don't want to miss that :rolleyes:

Europe is being ruined.. err.. ruled by a bunch of sell-outs. That tax hunger might start to starve the economy at some point, and giving the money away to the Arabs as the European Union does (not just due to the oil prices, but also as "foreign aid" to some dictatorships and terrorist groups) is kinda suicidal. It would make so much more sense to use a locally-grown biofuel, reducing the footprint related to its shipping from the Middle East. I see so many "environmentalist" talks about reducing carbon footprint and the hell, but no effective action being taken.