Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Turtle Solar Charged Remote Control Electric Lawn Mower

I ran across this post here, and thought I should probably share one of my latest projects that may interest some users here at EcoModder.

What I built is what I like to call for short a SCRCELM (Solar Charged Remote Control Electric Lawn Mower). As a quick overview, the device is completely electric, so no gasoline is required. It uses two electric wheelchair motors, a pair of 12v 35Ah deep cycle batteries, a fully electric rechargable lawn mower, a pair of 20W 12v solar panels, and several other electronics. The SCRCELM can be charged via solar energy or a standard AC outlet.

While I was building the device I also video documented it, and have uploaded a series of 14 How-To videos on YouTube. These can be found on my YouTube Channel or my website here: RC-LawnMower.com

Below is the introduction video I created to the 14 video series. Note, as of this post, all 14 videos have been uploaded.

Here is a quick demonstration video of the lawn mower in action, however, it was around winter time, so I could not demostrate it cutting grass

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rs14smith For This Useful Post:
Cd (01-31-2012), Ultra-Orange (01-31-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

haha prolly banned so that little kids can get exercise, but that is the coolest thing ive seen all week
Old 01-31-2012, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fat free ranch for life!

Ecno-bubble - '96 Geo Metro Base
ok that is cool as all get out! Had me planing on making one till you took the battery cover off, then I was "Aahhhhh! Wires! Run! Hide!".

Still mega cool! Make sure you apply for a Patent on that, some serious marketability there.
I love the little video you made of the home tv showing the Mowers eye view, Go big with the couch quarterback crowed.

Reply  Post New Thread