EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Unicorn Corral (https://ecomodder.com/forum/unicorn-corral.html)
-   -   The "Platinum 22" (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/platinum-22-a-17509.html)

PA32R 05-23-2011 08:44 PM

The "Platinum 22"

As in 22% increase in m.p.g. because the fine platinum mist increases the "typical" 68% portion of fuel burned in the engine to 90%. They can't even work percentages. I've heard it advertised on Sirius XM too.

The Platinum 22

ChazInMT 05-23-2011 08:57 PM

Golly!

Joenavy85 05-23-2011 09:21 PM

"unique ability to make non-burning fuel burn" - news flash you numbnuts scientists, fuel can't be non-burning but still combustable. if it's non going to burn normally it won't suddenly burn after exposure to a piece of platinum. i think reading this gave my arm the unique ability to smack these guys across their faces. I'll remarket this and call it Platinum 32, to at least have the percentage right.

Christ 05-23-2011 09:58 PM

Ummm... How is 90-68 != 22?

Just case you guys hasn't already noticed, you gotta find something else to gripe about... Their math is spot on.

The concept is garbage, but the math is correct.

PA32R 05-23-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christ (Post 240431)
Ummm... How is 90-68 != 22?

Just case you guys hasn't already noticed, you gotta find something else to gripe about... Their math is spot on.

The concept is garbage, but the math is correct.

Um... No. It IS 22 percentage points, but increasing from 68% to 90% is an increase of (drumroll) ((90-68)/68)*100=32.4% in m.p.g. Or, another percentage is that what used to take you 90 gallons now only takes 68, an improvement of (drumroll) ((90-68)/90)*100=24.4% in gallons per mile.

Except it doesn't.

Christ 05-23-2011 10:20 PM

Well, ok, one of you had it right then. I hadn't actually read your post, just clicked the link and went from there.

DocHaley 07-24-2011 07:43 PM

Don't know, but have tried.

I heard the same thing, complaints, about EthosFR and put in my Ford Tarus SES which was getting @ 26 mpg on the highway. After @ 3 months of running it I took a trip from Red River, NM to Dallas, Texas to visit my kids. I got 33 mpg and did nothing different but drive conservatively as I always do.

I have put the Platinum system on my TrailBlazer LS with an I6 engine and intend to drive to Dallas to visit again in a week. It's @ 1500 miles round trip, I do very little city driving while I am there, and have only had the system in place for @ 2 weeks with very little driving here in Red River since I have an old 4x4 that suits my purpose.

I'll return and give you a heads up if it actually helped. I usually get 20 mpg on the highway, no towing, not loaded or over loaded, just me my dogs and a squeeze.

DocHaley

gone-ot 07-24-2011 09:10 PM

...quick hire them to go balance the Government deficit spending (ha,ha)!

DocHaley 07-24-2011 10:13 PM

Hire Who?

All I can say is for a 2004 Ford Tarus SES to get 33 mpg on the highway is at least at the very high end of the spectrum. Maybe not for you?

Besides, the fools in the current congress won't do anything that is not personally beneficial to them getting re-elected.
We had Clinton, he left us with a balanced budget and a surplus and a blue dress with some smudges on it; then we had a moron and our debt sky rocketed while invading and occupying two country's trying to be the police force of the world.
(Don't get all excited here, I believe in payback, but, I believe in the kind we dished out during a "declared war", WW11. Descimate the enemy and go home.) And now we have an administration that found out walking in lock step is safer than keeping campaign promises.

Oh, wait, that's what they all do!

I'll report what I get in mpg on my trip back to Dallas and back to Red River.

I'm a conservative driver, just under sixty, cruise except on hill climbs and then I use the accelerator pedal. Being retired gives me more of an option to leave early, take my time, save my gas money and get there when I feel like it. But after 7 years of retirement and just turning 60, I'm getting bored. Can't hunt-fish-golf but so much and then you actually look for a problem to solve. My bad I guess.

Doc

gone-ot 07-25-2011 02:47 PM

..."Welcome Aboard" DocHaley.