EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Profile Visitors [I]vs[/I] Posts (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/profile-visitors-i-vs-i-posts-37486.html)

freebeard 05-10-2019 02:09 PM

Profile Visitors [I]vs[/I] Posts

jk

As a matter of curiosity, I noticed the visitors to my Profile Page was north of 36K while I've only posted 12K times.

I looked at random Profiles from links on the main page and generally found that 2x the number of posts is sort of typical from Introductions on, but some as 3x (like me) or more, and there seem to be a lot at 35K or more.

Could you pull low/median/high statistics out of vBulletin?

Do you think it's visits for the albums, or governmental/Facebook spiders?

MetroMPG 05-10-2019 02:15 PM

Hmmm... Hits to your profile page are almost entirely from government IP addresses.

Just say the word and I'll nuke your account!

MetroMPG 05-10-2019 02:16 PM

(PS: no built-in way to pull those vB stats.)

Vman455 05-10-2019 02:48 PM

Weird...I'm at nearly 38K visits, which is 30x my number of posts. Do I get an award or something?

redpoint5 05-10-2019 03:35 PM

I'm at 36k... government spying for sure!

Run away freebeard, run away!

freebeard 05-10-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Do I get an award or something?
That was my thought. vBulletin maintains a[n [prolly] SQL] database. I wonder what kind of defenses it has. The necessary data could be exfiltrated, sliced and diced and then reported back.

No need to nuke my account. I've been feeding it BS about social anarchism for so long to feed truth to power. I don't touch social media but they touch me with their shadow profiles. Que bono?

Google holds up a mirror to me at the bottom of every thread page. No illusions here.

That said, I'm half-way through #480 THE CONSERVATIVE DEPLATFORMING PURGE! | Dan Crenshaw Guests | Louder with Crowder. The writing is excellent, especially the Mug Club pitch they open with. :thumbup:

They have this character (prolly the Half-Asian lawyer*) that emerges from the shadows next to a gaming console to gloat over how his plan is going as they talk about it. I picture it that way.

*Who won a settlement for Jeremy of The Quartering recently.

D.O.G. 05-11-2019 02:06 AM

That's really scary, I just had to go and check mine - 32 thousand, over 110 times my number of posts.:eek:

RedDevil 05-11-2019 04:43 AM

Like almost everybody else, actually.
I think we can safely subtract about 32,768 (2^15) from the visitor count to get a more realistic number. Binary flip?

rmay635703 05-12-2019 01:29 PM

My profile visits are much lower,

Maybe you guys are just popular?

mpg_numbers_guy 05-12-2019 02:26 PM

Mine says 1236. But I also just joined back in early 2018.

I would assume it has more to do with how long you've been a member and how many "hot threads" you've created.

freebeard 05-12-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
Hmmm... Hits to your profile page are almost entirely from government IP addresses.

How can you be paranoid when they're really out to get you?

Actually, I think the government is searching desperately for answers to their problems, instead of for malcontents.

mpg_numbers_guy 05-12-2019 02:43 PM

"Oh no! There's people out there getting over 50 MPG out of gasoline cars! We must add some more taxes to make up for this lost gas tax revenue!" - Big Government.

hat_man 05-12-2019 03:31 PM

It would be interesting to know WHEN some of the visits happened. I just looked at mine an it's something like 1200+. I have never really kept track but I can't imagine anyone is that interested in little ol' me. If the visits were fairly spread out then probably normal, but a high influx of visits over a short period of time might point to a problem?

Maybe everyone should take a look and make a mental note of the number of visits. Maybe even write it down and then go back and check it again in 3-4 months and see if the number has changed. A small increase I would think would be normal, but a much larger increase...............?

And as to how long I've been a member having an effect. I've been here since 2010 so I must really not be on the radar. LoL